ISO bakery scrub

me too. it's not going to get here soon enough.. can't wait to take a shower and try it out!!!!

i'm hoping when it comes it will have some label listing the ingredients. then i'll be able to help out with how we can create our own...

here's the popsicle soap i was talking about... it looks good enough for a kid to eat, but there are a ton of people selling it...

i don't want anyone to get mad, i just want to show you that there are other products out there that look exactly like food!!! and this one is meant for kids to use in the tub... at least the cookie dough doesn't have a spoon included, lol!!!!

neopolitanR1.jpg

Heather

Okay I couldn't find my cande sprinkles grrrrrrrrrrr but I'm going to break out what little FBB I have and see what I can come up with. I am thinking if they added any oils to it, it had to be very little for it to stay in that dough like form.

maybe they added something like shea butter, or coconut oil-the kind that gets hard-not the fractionated one or something like that... not sure how "hard/soft" the foaming bath butter stuff is, but i did see a few sugar scrub recipes using coconut oil... just a thought...

Heather

The FBB is very solid and stays solid doesn't melt in warm temps like coconut oil. I've had this for months and it's still as solid as the day I got it. Let me see if I can get a brown color and see what I can do.

FBB002.jpgfb.jpg

Okay here's what I came up with just real quick. I apologize for the pics believe me they don't do it justice.

I took about 3-4 ounces of FBB(sorry I didn't get precise measurements) added 1 tsp. avocado oil(that's what I had in hand reach) Mixed with the mixer until it was smooth, added sugar(depending on how much scrub you want) and stirred it in. Just kind of plopped it in to my jar so it would look kind of like chunks. I colored some sea salt and sprinkled on the top.

I can't wait to hear Heather's results so I have some idea of the consistency. I'm going to try it later on and I'll let you know how it performed.

ok, i pm'd crystal, but so that everyone knows, i'm impatiently waiting. according to her site, within 7-10 you should receive your product, not 7-10 business days, just 7-10 days.. today is day #8... I'm anxiously awaiting and will post as soon as the mailman delivers it-as it is coming Priority mail.

I'm like a little kid at christmas, i can't wait....

Heather

Just an update, i emailed the gal and she said they had been gone for 2 weeks-was spring break...

anyways, she is shipping it today and should be here either Monday or Tuesday next week!!!

I'm so excited, I can hardly wait. Is that pathetic or what? Seems like every time the ups man, fedex or the mailman comes with a package I get all excited. All the new fragrances to try, different things to make, it's just so much fun. I never in a million years would have thought I could or would be doing something like this.

Now, if I can ever get to the point where I can close my daycare, I'll really be happy!!!

Will let you know as soon as I get my goodies!!

Heather

Here are the ingredients to the scrub...

Glycerin, Distilled Water, Sodium Cocoyl Isethionate, Sorbitol, Propylene Glycol, Disodium Laurl Sulfosuccinate, Stearic Acid, Sodium Chloride, Pentasodium Pentetate, Tetrasodium Etidronate, Cane Sugar, Fragrance

Ok, here's my thoughts on it so far-I haven't taken a shower-just washed my hands quick... Did not get any "foaming" like it says on label-but maybe I didn't scrub it enough... And, is a little sticky, had to really wash it all off. I'm thinking maybe that's the glycerin. and it said it had fragrance, but it didn't smell like choc. chip cookies-didn't really smell like anything...

I did a search for foaming body butter and it is pretty much the same except they list the glycerin 2nd, not 1st... I don't know much about this foaming bath butter-does it really feel that sticky? or did she maybe add more?

as far as consistency, it is a little "runnier" that normal cookie dough would be. I was expecting something a little firmer... maybe the sugar broke it down? I don't know...

the chocolate chips are just cocoa butter made in a chocolate chip candy mold and colored dark brown... easy enough to do...

I'm thinking a person could tweak this recipe a bit and get something a little better- or maybe it was just the foaming body butter she used, not sure.

It came packaged in a solo "deli style" type container, had a spoon wrapped with some ribbon, and also a free sample of her cupcake soap-which i thought was nice. I also bought some lip stuff in a pot, which she had wrapped like a candy. Very nice presentation, i just wasn't excited about how sticky the cookie dough stuff was, may be totally different if i take a shower with it...

hth those of you looking to make/do something similar to this... will let you know tomorrow how showering with this feels compared to just washing hands..

Heather

It does sound like fbb. She maybe added more glycerin in to it to get it to whip and that caused the stickiness. Also it would make it a little softer. I am going to play with this tonight to see if I can come up with something like it. Also some brands fbb does not lather too much and if she did add to much glycerin it would even cut the lather more.

Wow Heather...your a trooper. Thanks for sharing with us. Lovely, when you make this let me know. Im waiting for some extra cash flow...is there ever extra?? lol...and I want to get the stuff to make something like this. So, you think just a basic FBB and some color and fo? You HAVE to let me know how yours turns out!!

I def,. want to try something like this! Hope you come out smelling like cookies Heather!! lol

I played with it tonight. I whipped 2 lbs added 2 oz of avocado oil. Theb=n added about a cup of oatmeal, and 3 lbs of sugar and 1 oz of fo.. I found it to be too soft to scoop. Then I also added .2% of preservative which made it quite a bit softer. ( I found that to really interesting. It was like the preservative broke it down. So now I am letting it sit until tomarrow and see if it hardens up at all. I am now going to do a batch with out any oils added except maybe a little cocoa butter to add a little stiffness to it. I feel I have to add a preservative to it but I will only do .1% this time and I am sure it will be fine as it has some in it already. I also figured out she is using the fbb from KB which imho does not lather as much as the one from Chem. Store (the coop one) . I will keep you posted.

I made another batch. I did not add anything other then preservative at .1% and fo (lemon tart), a drop at a time until I got the scent to come through. I also added lemon peel powder and poppy seeds and some sugar. I also used a hand mixer instead of my KA. There is a big differerance but still it is not thick enough. It is not runny and it holds its shape but not firm like cookie dough. I did put some in the freezer to firm it up and that made it like cookie dough after about 5 mins in there. I am too tired to try anymore but I was thinking maybe trying to whip it by hand, it really doesn't have to double so if you mix it by hand and add the sugar and additives it should hold it's shape better. I think the mixer is making it too soft. It smells and looks great:drool: but not cookie dough :undecided

OK, I used this in the shower this morning, and figured out what i did wrong yesterday.

I only tried to wash my hands quickly. I did not scrub until the sugar had dissolved. It didn't really "foam" but it did lather like a soap.

and lovely lathers, this stuff i got was NOT the consistency of cookie dough. I think it would be too hard to scoop out. it is just a bit softer-but not a lot. it seems as though it has set up a bit more since i got it. maybe from all the traveling, etc. it was a little runnier? not sure.

so, my "review" after this time is better, my hands didn't feel so sticky, matter of fact they felt a bit softer. will have to use on a "regular" basis to see if it really does do much. I didn't use on my knees and elbows to "exfoliate" but just did my hands quick as that was all i had time for this am...

The way it looks this lady just used a fbb, some cocoa butter & wax for the choc. chips and some fo-which i still can't really smell. I definately see the potential for being able to sell this idea.

let me know what you guys figure out. I have yet to purchase any fbb-until i make a little $$, my purchases are on hold. But, I have a big mother's day show coming up. this would have been a great product. but, would cost me at least $50 to get this all set up and i don't have that kind of $$ to spend on it right now. but, it is definately an idea i like. hmmm, i'll have to start looking into containers.

I don't want to "steal" this lady's idea, but since it's not trademarked, and she probably "borrowed" it from somewhere else, I won't worry about it. I guess we can all make candles so this is nothing different.

I'm going to try to post pictures later of how my stuff came. It was very cute..

hth, Heather

btw, I re-read the posts and the questions about liability came up.

Just wanted to let you know there are NO warnings whatsoever on this at all. It just says cookie scrub on the label and the flavor is written on the back with the ingredient list. btw, the spoon was included-so that right there for a kid would be confusing. it really is up to the parent to keep that put up, but unfortunately some parents just don't concern themselves with that kind of stuff-they want to blame someone else for their mistake.

so, i'm guessing a warning isn't really needed, but, I would say if I was going to make this i'd put a warning somewhere that this was not edible!!!

So, when I get a few spare $$'s, i'm going to see about ordering some of this stuff to play around with, but first, I think i'm going to use what i bought to see if long term it is worthwhile-i've heard some claims that fbb is drying to your skin. Mine actually feel different-softer than usual.

if anyone else tries this please post your results/pic if you can. would love to see everyone else's ideas.

I think it would be neat to use those ice cream pails mentioned on another post, and make an ice cream type one and include a small ice cream scoop-if such a thing exists-or I do have those small cosmetic type spoons or even a spoon like this gal used. think of all the ice cream flavors you could make. bubble gum-for the kids, mint choc. chip, coffee flavored-and use little coffee beans, strawberry-use small strawberries, etc. I think I've got an idea that i'm going to run with. i'm sure i'm not the first, but since I don't think a lot of you live in SD, i'm not worried about anyone stealing my ideas.

looking forward to hearing other ideas!!!

Heather