Where to buy jars for milk baths etc

broadzilla

Where is a good place to find jars for milk baths salt baths? I am about to make my very first one tonight but have no jar to put it in. I can keep mine in a plastic bag I think for now. I would like to have some friends' wives (that I haven't met) try some though and really don't want to put it in a baggie. I saw Grumpy has some pots for sale that are just adorable but might be too big, plus she's gone now I think. These would just be for sample anyways, but I don't want to send some husband home with a sample in a baggie. Seems tacky to me since I haven't met these women yet, but they are willing to try it. Or is giving them some to try in a baggie not tacky?

I just made some milk bath the other day and gave my friends some to try and just put them in the little 3x4 ziplock baggies with a label. Nothing extravagant, I figure I can update the packaging later if I decide to market the stuff.

Kangaroo Blue has some cute Milk bottles that would look great with milk bath and they are on sale too...

I'm sure others would have even better ideas, I'm still new at this stuff..lol

Thank you, I'll go look! I just wasn't sure about the baggies...these women don't know me personally. We've never met, but I work with their husbands and they think "She must be ok if my husband likes her". *lol* I'll just do the baggies thing if that's what is the norm. But I would like some pretty jars for myself.:tongue2:

How about vintage looking milk jars? That would be cute.

http://www.antiquehardware.com/product/70011374/

I have a beautiful bath salt I purchased a long time ago...must have been 1996...that I never used because it was so pretty. I used it for decor only.

It's in a really tall glass milk bottle. If you want me to take a picture of it I will. I can't wait to buy some soaps from some of the crafters here to put in guest bath and such. I'd never be able to use them if they're too pretty.

But you can refill your bath salts when you learn how to do them!

Neat!

I put mine in the milk bottles I got from a co-op a while back, but I can't remember where they were ordered from. I do like those on the kb site posted above.

I've also seen them packaged in cello in an attractive way.

Here ya go. Scent is peaches and cream. I have not opened it to see if it's still fragrant. I guess I purchased this in 1993! Was just too pretty to use.

So I bought a little basket and folded face towels and put them in there with this milk bath and some small goat's milk bars for a guest bath.

post-6436-139458421913_thumb.jpg

post-6436-13945842192_thumb.jpg

post-6436-139458421922_thumb.jpg