Google Checkout Is The BOMB!

I have been using Google Checkout now for almost 6 months and I am absolutely in love! I have saved lots of $$$ since I ditched greedy feepal (Paypal) and since Google is not charging any fees till the end of this year, its all good!! Its free to sign up, so if you are looking for ways to save money, its the way to go. Paypal will never ever get another red cent of my money.

I was looking at this yesterday, but didn't know how it worked. Can you put money into it like paypal and have a debit card. Or can you use paypal and google checkout combined? It looks interesting, but I was interested in the pros and cons of it.

I was looking at this yesterday, but didn't know how it worked. Can you put money into it like paypal and have a debit card. Or can you use paypal and google checkout combined? It looks interesting, but I was interested in the pros and cons of it.

They don't offer a debit card like paypal but there are no processing fees until 12/31/07. You can use both on your site. I offer both but have only had one person use it so far. You have to set up a google account during checkout in order to process the order. The one order I did have google didn't correctly add the total right which I thought was pretty funny myself. It was only off a few scents. They do however have the option of creating coupons for the customer.

Love me some Google checkout. :D

It was recommended to me by a friend that has several websites and I have had it since last year. No issues, so far. You can send invoices without even using the cart feature on your site if you choose to.

No, you cannot add money to your account or have a debit card. I am sure they will enhance it further down the road. The funds go right into your bank account within two business days, on an average.

Yes, you can combine Paypal and Google checkout in your cart system.

It isn't fully intergrated into a few of the free cart systems thus far. The checkout/order process is all done thru Google checkout, acting as it's own separate entity. They send the orders to you via email if your cart isn't fully compatible or cannot be modified to use that gateway for payments.

Sorry folks for starting the thread and then disappearing! I have been swamped.

Google Checkout will be free till the last day of the year. After that it will be exactly as stated previously. But if you use Google for advertising through their adwords program, it is still free. I think for every $10 you spend in adwords you can process $1000 of transactions with no fees. I am not totally sure on the figures but you can go to checkout.google.com to read all about it.

I have been using it for months now and I tell you, it is addicting! A buyer does not need to have an account. You can integrate your account to work automatically with it. Or you can just send your buyer an invoice with the total for the transaction and it send them a little link that takes them to the payment gateway.

When they first came out a lot of Paypal lovers were all about trashing their system as best they could because of the obvious reasons. But I have never had a problem with it.

Ebay wont let us list it as a payment option in our auctions which sucks. Because Ebay uses Google for their number one advertising channel. You would think one hand would wash the other. But alas, Ebay must think GC is competition against Paypal, although I see both of them coming out on top and coexist without one wiping the other out. I seriously doubt that was Google's intention.

Did you guys know you can also submit products for free on Google? Its called Google Base. www.googlebase.com. You can list the items separately, or list items directly in your website and have the link take the potential buyer to your website to buy the product.