"general" fo percentage for 100% soy

Hi all,

I have read on several message boards where people are using 9 to 10 percent fo in their 100% soy containers. Even with some known "heavy" fo's.

I am starting to wonder if I am doing something wrong, because I think on average, I am only able to use 1 oz - 1.20 oz. Any more than that, and the flame gets too mushroomy and/or dwindly mid jar. (for my 8 oz square and 12 oz masons)

Please tell me I am not the only one who uses this percentage or thereabouts - cause either that, or I am just going crazy. lol

Guess I am just curious what the others use and if maybe mine should be stronger.

thanks!!

I wouldn't worry about what anyone else does. If you found what works for you, that is what is important. And what works for one person, may not work for another. Also, sometimes, decreasing the FO load will enhance your throw which is opposite of what some think to do to improve throw.

For me it depends on the FO I am using as to how much I use.

AS far as I know most people stick to an average of 1 oz pp, so no, you are not wrong. I think it is more a question of whether the particular oil throws well in soy or not. I personally would never use a FO that requires more than 1 oz, I think it is just a waste of money and there is so many suppliers out there.

Check out the sticky on which oils throw well in soy if you feel that you are not getting a strong scent. Could also be your wax if you are not getting a strong throw.

HTH

Katinka