Tea Lights in Pillars

Ok I had an idea and wonder if any of you think this would work lol. I know that I couldn't drill a nice looking hole in it if my life depended on it :laugh2: So I was wondering if the metal tea light cup couldn't be heated and pushed down into the wax before the wax got real hard. I know this is probably way out there but what the hey lol

If you have a forstner bit and a drill press, you really can drill the hole. It's very easy, since wax is soft. I insert my plastic tealight cup into a glass tealight holder, to help minimize the melting of the surrounding wax from the tealight cup, and so I have to use a forstner bit to do mine.

I agree TOTALLY with the insert from Janet. I had her to make this mold for me and love it. I suggest inserting a glass tealight holder in top of your pillar though to put the tealight in or else the tealight container will melt your pillar wax. At least that has been my experience before I had her to make this mold. Tealight pillars are the only way I make and sell pillars right now. HTH Portia

If you have a forstner bit and a drill press, you really can drill the hole. It's very easy, since wax is soft. I insert my plastic tealight cup into a glass tealight holder, to help minimize the melting of the surrounding wax from the tealight cup, and so I have to use a forstner bit to do mine.

Not sure if it the same bit I use but sounds like the same thing I do. My DH calls it a drill hole saw. When I make the pillar I make it with a hole plug in it so that it is very easy to center. Then I just cut out the chunk of wax use my heat gun to warm everything and then push in a glass cup. The t-light with it's own cup still fits in and your not trying to pry the cup out of the wax every time you change your t-light.