the candlesource-- anyone tried them? how are the oils?

pinkclouds

If you do a search, "CandleSource" you will get a ton of information ... I just did one and got 2 long pages.

The Candle Source is a great supplier ... great fo's, prices, and customer service. Many people of this board buy from there. Off the top of my head:

Sage and Citrus - the best I've found

Fresh Cut Roses - strong & true

Bedtime Bath - strong & true

Strawberry Shortcake

Frosted Cup Cake

Hopefully others will jump in ... but you will definately find scents and reviews from doing a search.

One of my favorite suppliers. Excellent service, and great oils. I always get what I order within a few days.

My faves:

Sage and Citrus

Lemongrass

Fresh Cut Roses

Grandma's Kitchen

Sugared Cranberries

Spiced Sugar Plums

J&J Bedtime Lavender

Starfruit and Mango

These are my faves, but I have tried lots and have been very happy.

hey, thanks! Form your good reviews, I will definately try them, thanks much.

for specifics, I was wondering about Fantasy, Bedtime bath (got your reviews, thanks), and Raspberries and cream. Any other 'dupe' type as well. thanks!

This company was my great find this past year!!!! You will love their oils & the 1 ounce sample sizes are such a great price if you just want to test them out.

Shipping was reasonable & quick. Not a dud oil in the bunch I ordered.

Their Starfruit & Mango smells exactly like NG's.

Their Frosted Cupcake smells exactly like Old Mill's.

I've made sprays with their Fantasy for people & they love it.

Try them for sure!

I've just ordered some more 1oz testers. I've never been disappointed with the quality. Shipping is fast too, especially as I'm in the UK.

Sometimes when you buy cheaper priced oils they are "cheap". Not so with Candlesource. Their prices and quality rocks :rockon:

Ruby

hey, thanks! Form your good reviews, I will definately try them, thanks much.

for specifics, I was wondering about Fantasy, Bedtime bath (got your reviews, thanks), and Raspberries and cream. Any other 'dupe' type as well. thanks!

Bedtime Bath is dead on, one of my best sellers!

I haven't tried Fantasy but I just got 'Be Delicious' and it's dead on to the perfume.

Pink Sugar is a big seller too. (very strong hot and cold throw)

Other dupes that are hot sellers for me:

Sage & Citrus

Strawberries & Champagne

Sweet Pea

Warm Vanilla Sugar

Love Spell

You must try Black Magic ( I renamed it Black Forest), it's very mystical and magical.

Have fun ordering!! Loren is awesome to deal with!:grin2:

Shannon

I love this supplier!

Fantasy is great in lotion, have yet to put it into wax.

Pink sugar is great...sage and citrus is great.... love spell is delicious!!

Magnolia is good...juniper breeze is great.

Today I got sugar cookies, pomagranite, berries and cream(? think that's what it's called), moonlight path, and a sample of the lotion base!!

Got to play with these!!

I have loved just about everything.

Don't bother with banana nut bread (ewwww)....

Black Magic is a must... Honeysuckle is wonderful too.

Loren's White tea and Ginger is fantastic. I use a ton of his oils and they are all great..The Black Raspberry Vanilla, Sun Washed Linen, Melonberry are all great. THE BRV was my top seller at the fall craft show....

Cinnamon and Sandalwood

Caramel Coffee cream

Bedtime Bath-Lavender-awesome

Candy Cane

Lemongrass

There are tons more.

Tracey

Just don't order Butter rum...I just got a bottle of it and it smells exactly like finger nail polish remover out of bottle..YUK...

Did you put it in wax ??? Most of the time oils smell 10000000 times better in wax than OOB

..............and I too LOVE Loren and his oils !!...His shipping cant be beat and like someone else said in a earlier post ..generally when oils are cheap priced they smell cheap...actually like shit...But not Lorens .....his oils are fantastic !!!

Did you put it in wax ??? Most of the time oils smell 10000000 times better in wax than OOB

..............and I too LOVE Loren and his oils !!...His shipping cant be beat and like someone else said in a earlier post ..generally when oils are cheap priced they smell cheap...actually like shit...But not Lorens .....his oils are fantastic !!!

No, I haven't and probably won't..It smells REALLY REALLY bad!I can't stand the smell it is awful.Might be a bad batch or something..I got a few others from there to test but the butter cream is awful OOB..Apple butter doesn't smell very strong OOB..Will test them in wax though and see what I think!

I've recently tried candle source, and was a bit dubious about trying them, as there oils are cheap. But after the great comments people made on here about them, i went ahead and bought some samples and love them!!!!

The oils arrived in less than a week (which, considering i'm in the UK is great) and they all smelled fantastic. The prices are so reasonable and so is the shipping. I got sent 27 1 oz bottles for only $11 shipping to the UK!!!!

Not tried many in wax yet, but they smell great OOB. Still loads more i wanna try too!!!!!