Can soap flakes be bought at a grocery store?

broadzilla

I am itching to make something for my 2 grandkids that are visiting here. I have the recipe for Soap Crayons for kids. It calls for one cup of soap flakes, food coloring, water and ice cube trays. Are the soap flakes something I can usually get a grocery store? I have notebooks now filled with tons of recipes, and have yet to try anything yet. I want to make something easy that I can get ingredients at a grocery store if possible.

I could swear I use to see soap flakes in grocery stores when I was younger, back in the stone ages. Then I just figured it was MY grocery store that didn't carry it because they don't carry much of anything. Milk, bread, eggs, and soup basically. *lol*

What a great site soycrazy! Thank you!! :D

Edited to add...they didn't have any ice cube trays either.

I don't know, but just an idea- check the baby products aisle. Seems i've seen it there since they are so 'pure' and non irritating or something, lol. Also, more and more stores are putting in 'natual product/organic' aisles... check there.