christmas/ country splendor

I use NG's and haven't noticed any fuel smell. Are you smelling it OBB or when candle is lit? It could also just be your nose is very sensitive to it. I tested several "peaches" last summer that many people gave great reviews and to me all of them had a strange chemical smell that I couldn't get past. JM2C.

Janette

• 8 months later...

OK, I just posted something similar in another thread. Candle Source 'Christmas Splendor' is giving me fuel smell problems. You said every one you've tried does, so what all have you tried?

I know you were testing several months ago, but maybe you're still around to check this thread.

Edit: I'm figuring it's the citrusy fruits in it and I'm thinking about slapping some vanilla in it. Maybe some of this gosh awful 'Vanilla Voodoo'. It can't make either one worse!!!

Darbla

I've been testing NG Christmas Splendor and getting a strong fuel smell as well. :(

This scent reminds me a LOT of Peak's apple jack and peel- which I stopped carrying cuz it gave off a strong fuel odor as well. :(

I really love this scent so decided to start making tarts b/c of it-it really scents up the house! :)

Funny you should mention adding vanilla to it-I made some chunks in the CS and will be doing an overpour with VBN to see if that will work and cut the fuel smell. ;)

i ordered several bottles of NG's CS last Christmas because of the reviews. I never smelled a fuel smell, but thought it was the most "sour" FO I have ever smelled....maybe because I like fresh, sweet smells. My testers agreed with me. I ended up blending one part to 4 other parts of JBN's Christmas Berries, .....and orange juice, cinnamon, and apple to be able to tolerate and eradicate the sour smell.

I've been testing NG Christmas Splendor and getting a strong fuel smell as well. :(

This scent reminds me a LOT of Peak's apple jack and peel- which I stopped carrying cuz it gave off a strong fuel odor as well. :(

I really love this scent so decided to start making tarts b/c of it-it really scents up the house! :)

Funny you should mention adding vanilla to it-I made some chunks in the CS and will be doing an overpour with VBN to see if that will work and cut the fuel smell. ;)

Great ideal using the fuel smelling scents like orange and lemon in chunks them pouring a vanilla over. Sounds like a perfect solution. That would be great with CS red chunks maybe even Christmas themed chunks and a vanilla over pour with glitter. pretty..

I get mine from Candles and Supplies. My customers have commented how its their fav candle and I have not had any fuel smell from it. I know several of you have had issues with their customer service and or shipping. But I just drive out there to get supplies and avoid all the hassle by checking my supplies on site.

Not only you but your tester? I smell apples, oranges and spices a little fir trees all the good smells of a gift shop at Christmas. Strange.

Yep, that's what I said...me and my testers. Maybe I was shipped some from a bad batch. I even made a candle with less FO than I put in my tarts and still didn't like it. I certainly haven't reordered anymore of that FO from NG to find out if it smells the same. I have ordered Christmas Splendor samples from two other suppliers that didn't smell sour. That's the only FO from NG I have been unhappy with. I have never smelled a gift shop that smelled like this NG FO. I don't think it's so "strange" that everyone doesn't like the same scents.