Finally a Decent Show

sharyl55

Did the 3rd Annual Cape Charles Fall Festival today - an outdoor show. Cape Charles is a little town of maybe 2,000 peeps. Yr 1 it rained off and on. There was a poor turnout of vendors and customers. Yr 2 we had the tail end of Hurricane Ivan. Torrential downpour and winds. Show moved into the fire station. Nobody showed up to buy. This yr it was pretty windy but compared to what's happening down on the Gulf Coast sure not complaining. Too windy for my louvered door shelves so my display wasn't what I wanted. Didn't even bother to take pics.

But people showed up and actually bought stuff. It had cooled off - only in the 70's so guess folks were in the mood for fall and candles. I was just thrilled that there was a trickle of people all day and that they were buying. With all the complaints about gas prices, etc. wasn't sure what kind of fall I'd have. I'm more optimistic now. Did 4x fees but this show had my highest registration fee so not complaining. And guess I have a decent cold and hot throw. Folks kept coming up saying they could smell my stuff across the parking lot. I was burning 1 cornucopia pumpkin so was pretty happy about the feed back. Sorry this is so long. I'm just excited to finally have a good show.

Sharyl, that's awesome for you. We have several "Art In The Park" events in my town that are just way out of my league; booth fees of almost a grand. Went to one last weekend and saw NO soapers, NO chandlers (this is unusual) but confirmed my suspicion that they just can't do enough volume to make it worthwhile.

e