Husband doesnt talk about my hobby now!

I just went through the worst weather I have ever been through. I'm in Enterprise, AL & was less then 100 Yards from the tornado that hit. We are all ok, but was out of power for awhile. Two streets over is destroyed. Its just amazing how we are ok but so close houses are gone!

My few Test Pillar Candles here came in real handy & got tested earlier then what i wanted, but Good news..they burned REAL WELL...One burned all night long with no problems. After we had Candle light in the house & was able to function..my husband said he would never talk about my HOBBY again! lol

Hi Chauntelle, it was a tornado. It ripped through Enterprise, Alabama which is in the southern part of the US. The worst is that it hit a High School and several students were killed.

8 students were killed. mainly 11th graders...a couple 12th graders.

Here's what happened...We had been getting warnings all day..i think about 3 starting at 10:30am. At 11 am it came across the tv saying schools were going to release at 1pm because there was a break in the weather from the radar. At about 12:45 the storms went from moving from 40 MPH to about 70 MPH. They decided to keep the kids in school til that last part came through. No one knew this as far as family. So everyone was waiting on their kids at bus stops & driving to the schools, etc. (like me). Some kids at the high school were driving home too. Or attempting to drive home. At 1:15 the winds went from 30 MPH to 100 MPH & the freight train came barling through. Fox news had a student on that survived the storm at the high school. He said they were being rushed into the halls which is where they do their drills. Windows in the classrooms were crashing & the ceiling was caving in...all of a sudden the walls around them came crashing down & on top of them. The 8 students that died were in Hallway 3 which sustained most of the damage. Some students were in their cars & were flipped around, but survived. 2 other ppl in Alabama were killed due to the storm as well. I think Fox news said 9 more in GA died from the storm. It was said to be An F-3 tornado.

I'm glad we didn't buy the first house we looked at here when we moved here..its no where to be found now. We got real lucky!

Thanks for all your prayers.Enterprise really needs it now.

I am so sorry for the suffering of many.....but glad to hear that for some reason you bought another house. When you look back sometimes you see things clearer. I have always been terrified or tornados....since I was a little girl and my mother took me to see the Wizzard of Oz.......I knew that tornados are not a good thing. Donita Louise

Gosh Kay you were really lucky.

How many more natural disasters can your Gulf states take? Is it just me or does Mother Nature seem to be directing all her anger in your direction? Please excuse my ignorance but is this a common occurence ?

Ruby

So glad you are okay!!! My family lived through the F-5 in Oklahoma in May of 1999. So scary. It will take a long time for your town to heal, and it is sad about the kids at the high school. Well, at least you had your testers around the house to have some light. I know how much scarier it would have been if you didn't have any light.