Is there anything I can do with this red?

I'm not much 'cop' at working out how much wax I need yet and have been overestimating :(

I've now got an awful lot of very dark pink/bordering on red.

Is there any colour I can turn this into?

Not got much wax left and wanted a go at a blue and green chunk candle.

So, didn't wanna go experimenting and wasting colour and maybe more dye.

You could use the red dyed wax to make some chunks. That's what i do sometimes when i overestimate how much wax i'll need. You can keep the chunks for ages, maybe until you get some more wax?

I find that when the colour goes slightly wrong and i try to fix it, it goes even more wrong!!!!!

You can add more red and get a real red, or add some blue & get a purple, or some black and some blue to get a kind of burgundy. The only problem is that you will never be able to duplicate the color in the future. What I would do is save them for chunk candles, or make dotz. I sell the dotz by the hundreds and never waste any wax.

Fredron

aah, thanks folks.

Well I've got some blue as I've remelted one I wasn't happy with the pour.

The nearly red, I'm going to mix with some pink I have, to try and finish with 3 types of pink....... then going to do a 3 colour pillar :)

Used some for a chunk, with some blue chunks, with a yellowy/orange pour over.

I just can't stop making them :P

You can add more red and get a real red, or add some blue & get a purple, or some black and some blue to get a kind of burgundy. The only problem is that you will never be able to duplicate the color in the future. What I would do is save them for chunk candles, or make dotz. I sell the dotz by the hundreds and never waste any wax.

Fredron

Fredron, I would like to know too, can you enlighten us?