First Swirls

cbarber03

Cut pics of couse! Unless it's a horrible, shameful disaster. LOL!

RU kidding? ESPECIALLY if it's a horrible, shameful disaster!

So we can make kind, sympathetic comments to help you feel better (or chuckle to ourselves).

Any powdered colorant can be a PITA.

Looks beautiful! Hurry up and take a pic, cause in a week it will look like a bar of chocolate Im betting. I did the same batch for the V-day swap I hosted. Same mold, same pink swirls. Turned DARK brown. I still love it though! Pink sugar is sooooo yummy! Great swirl :)

Looks beautiful! Hurry up and take a pic, cause in a week it will look like a bar of chocolate Im betting. I did the same batch for the V-day swap I hosted. Same mold, same pink swirls. Turned DARK brown. I still love it though! Pink sugar is sooooo yummy! Great swirl :)

Yup! I've got a bar of it. Smells great but looks like chocolate. ;)

Ok, here's the cut pic. The color on the bottom did not swirl, even though I pushed all the way to the bottom and made sure I was dragging the bottom. Maybe I should have used something bigger than a kabob skewer? The center layer was too thin. It still smells really good though! And I have to do some trimming up yet to at least make it presentable for my own sake. If it performs well when it's all cured, I might have to give a slice to my mom.

post-2514-139458420157_thumb.jpg

For mixing mica, I have found that I take a small amount of the oils out (before adding lye water) and mix the mica with a frother. I found it in my kitchen drawer and only used it a few times to froth coffee drinks or hot chocolate. The metal part on the end is nice and small and since it's battery operated, it gives it some power to really mix of the micas. I also use it to mix oxides, clay and ultramarines. Since using this tool, I haven't found flecks of mica, clay, etc... in my soaps.

Ann M