think this would work?

Mnhorsemom

I live in a 110 year old farm house in the toolies. It's getting to be fall in good ol' Minnesota and the mice are coming in to find their winter home :shocked2: I had read that mice do not like the smell of peppermint. I put some dendtric salt in the bottom of a plastic cup and added peppermint EO and put them in my drawers several weeks ago, it seems to be helping cause I have not had any mouse poop (BIG YUCK) in the drawers. I do, however, find it on my counter top and on my stove (BIGGER YUCK) so...I was thinking I would try to make a cyclo/peppermint EO spray to spray on those surfaces. Would that make the counter and stove top sticky or gross? I also have a problem in the fall with Japanese lady bugs. They were introduced to our area a number of years ago as a natural preditor for some bugs that were hard on the potato crop and since they don't have any natural preditors they have gotten out of control. I get so many in the house I have to use the vacume cleaner to suck em up. I had heard that rosemary will repel them and was thinking about a spray for that too. TIA

I have cats and dogs in the house so I won't use poison. Even if I put the poison where they can't get to it if they happen to eat a poisoned mouse it can make them sick. You would think with 2 indoor cats I wouldn't have mice. Maybe if the dang cats didn't spend the entire night sleeping in the bed with me they would have more time to catch those rodents :waiting:

I have also heard of things you plug in that make a sound the mice don't like, but we can't hear. I don't know if they work. I don't think they are expensive though and they have no poison.

I know what you mean with the indoor cats. I have two and they could care less when a mouse lived in our room for about a year. But give them a fuzzy toy and they are all over it and ready to kill it!