Patchouli in soy

shafferbuns

Forgot throw....I can't get it to burn. I have tried 3 different wicks and 4 different formulas. My last attempt was 7% FO load with a 1212 wick in an 8 oz JJ!!! I give up. And actually I have a feeling throw is not a problem with patchoulis cuz they seem so strong. Even with the measly burn it was throwing scent.

I can't remember the thread that someone suggested a good patchouli. I think it was a vanilla patchouli but can't remember the supplier. Put that in a search and maybe it should pop up.

I have given this stupid scent more time and attention than my rule of thumb allows. Someday I'll try other manufacturers. I had MC groovy patchouli. What size container are using?

Good luck.

Ask Scented. I think she loves Patchouli. I don't think she uses soy but she can direct you on the right path. I know Solas has 2 different patchoulis and I just ordered one from Backwoods so I'll let you know how it is. I use soy also!

I also use the eo, I use .50 ppwax and I use a htp1212 in my 8 oz. masons. You can start with a lower size wick and test but this is what I had to do. I think the eo is just as easy or easier to use than the fo and patch eo is not very expensive especially when you don't have to use that much. Flickers has a great honey patchouli that isn't such a pain in the neck and it is very nice. www.flickersfragrances.com

Janis Rogers

jansbathscents

Have you thought of trying EO.

I'm having some success with patchouli EO in my soy @ 0.5 oz per lb wax.

Sally.

I have really good luck with EO patch also I use 5% and I get a nice strong throw and I don't have near the wicking issue I had when I tried to wicked the Patch FOs I tried.

Yes it is expensive especially for the higher grades of patch but worth every dime. I just charge a little more for my Patch candles.

• 2 weeks later...

just wondering if anyone has some new reviews on the patchouli .. i have a request for patchouli sou candles.. i tried a/h and it just didn't seem that strong in the wax.. i also tried b/c north and i tried 1 oz per pound and i'm not noticing a very good cold throw.. i'm going to try and let cure a bit longer.. and see what happens.. but so far not much luck..

do you know of a good supplier that has the e.o ? i may go that route and see what happens..

thanks much'

ladeana

i have some 1312 ht wicks.. i wonder if those would work in a 8 oz jj ?

glad you were able to get yours to work..

i think i'm going to order some from natures garden and try there..

when i sniff the yank** votive.. it has a nice perfumy scent to it as well.. i like that... and i'm trying to find some type of dupe to yank, anyone know what might come close ?

ahhh... i'm sorry.. i just reread your post Laurie.. i think i left my brain back in my bedroom this morning..

great to know you had sucess with the 1312.. i have a ton of those :) i'm going to try that.. with the natures garden and see how that works for me.. i use 100 % soy ... i'm not going to give up the fight yet :)

I know what you mean....it became a personal vendetta (sp) for me to get this sucker to burn. Usually I will only try 3 wicks at most and if I can't get it to burn I don't use the oil. So I really went outta my way for this one. I hope it sells.