Millcreek Soy vs Ky Puresoy

Millcreek wax is a great wax so I hesitate to say it didn't work too well for me. But since you wanted an opinion and I know what it's like to want an opinion!! I have tried KYpure and KY125 and tho I was prepared to prefer the KYpure in the couple of tests I did, I had more frosting with it than the KY125. hth! :P

I currently use MC Soy and I'm very happy with it but was considering switching to KY because it will save me about $17 on shipping. MC's is Plain 415 so I emailed KY to ask if theirs is Plain 415 since I wouldn't want to test yet another wax. Vickey of KY replied saying it is KY PureSoy.

I could be wrong and hopefully someone will come in here and correct me if I am, but I think they are the same wax...Golden Foods 415

I don't think that's true. I've used KY Puresoy for about a year now and haven't have any problems that the Golden Foods 415 have had. Many users of Golden Foods 415 were posting problems with a certain manufacturing dates that where close to my KY Puresoy dates. I believe KY tests each batch they receive to insure consistency for candle making.

I've never tested MC so I don't have an option on it.

I don't think that's true. I've used KY Puresoy for about a year now and haven't have any problems that the Golden Foods 415 have had. Many users of Golden Foods 415 were posting problems with a certain manufacturing dates that where close to my KY Puresoy dates. I believe KY tests each batch they receive to insure consistency for candle making.

I've never tested MC so I don't have an option on it.

Like I said, I wasn't positive because I was just going by the previous thread that I linked to. I'm glad you let me know! :)

I had wondered the same thing myself recently, which is how I ran across that thread in the archives. I've tried both the KYPureSoy and the GF 415. Personally, they looked the exact same and I couldn't tell any difference between the two. So I ASSumed :) what I read to be true.

After testing both waxes, I'm probably going to switch completely to TN Candle's Celestial Soy (which I know is GF 415 - it's marked on the box) because they are within driving distance, so I will save on shipping costs.

Sorry if I mislead anyone! :o

I've used both, and didn't see a difference. Tangerine and I have talked about this and we have both spoke to two differ well respected chandliers that have used both and both prefer MC's wax over KY's. Preference for both were more consistance w/ MC's batches (Tangerine correct me if I'm wrong).

I am leaning more towards MC's - for me its a shipping cost problem the shipping to FL is as much as the wax w/ MC's. But I respect the chandliers' opinions and they have done far more testing than I have the tiime or patience to do.