Consignment - what to bring?

7Angela7

A woman who owns a consignment shop wants to see my candles. I know I bring samples of my products, but would I bring an agreement with me (still need to make one up), or if she's interested, meet with her at a later time for this? Anything else I would be needing?

Thanks!

If you don't already have an agreement, I think just bringing samples will do. The shop might have their own agreement form if they specialize in consignments. Each shop is different, some are more formal about things, while others are not.

I don't think it could hurt to bring an agreement with you. If she doesn't have her own agreement and is ready to sign, DO IT! If you come back another time, IMO...she could change her mind in that time. LOL

Good luck Angela!!

I believe that the craftbusinesscorner.com has some all ready made out all you have to do is print it out. One thing that I noticed on the form that I printed out was it didn't have who was to pay the sales tax. I added it to mine.

Good luck!

If it is a credible consignment shop and they are serious about their biz..they will have a contract...if they don't they are setting themselves up for lawsuits etc..I owned one for 3 years.

I would definately take biz cards, samples, and a list of questions you want to ask about the consinment..so you don't forget any important stuff...and even brochures etc.. also if you are planning to expand into anything else..bears, gift baskets, soaps..etc ASK NOW...otherwise if you want to later she may not let you..so find out what you are able to put in there. ;)