My spring goal....I finally did it!

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just to be clear, I wasnt looking for the recipe per say but wondering if there was a special secret way to really pack the bath bombs so they are this hard!

I wound up breaking two meatballers and was using stainless steel measuring cups to pack mine tight but boy, those are perfectly round and you can tell they are hard!!

Again, Great Job!!

Just to be clear, I wasnt looking for the recipe per say but wondering if there was a special secret way to really pack the bath bombs so they are this hard!

I wound up breaking two meatballers and was using stainless steel measuring cups to pack mine tight but boy, those are perfectly round and you can tell they are hard!!

Again, Great Job!!

You are so funny. :grin2:

I will always help and answer questions.

I will share two "secrets"....

1) 50% of the oils/butters in your recipe need to be solid at room temp. i.e. coconut oil, shea butter, mango butter or cocoa butter. This is what makes them rock-hard. You cannot achieve a rock hard bath bomb by just using Sweet Almond Oil or an oil that is a liquid.

2) If you use water in your bath bomb recipe, make sure that it is distilled. Minerals and other things in tap-water will cause bath bombs to crack.

I hope that helps.

Jennifer

I just wanted to give you all some encouragement for those that are trying to make rock hard bath bombs....

I have been "trying" for 2 years and have tried many, many recipes. This was my goal this spring to find the perfect recipe so I can sell them this summer. Well, recipe #7 was finally it.

I can drop these on the floor and they will not break and I have no issues with cracking or coming out of the mold.

Thanks for looking!

th_TropicalDreamsBathBomb.jpg

Tropical Dreaming (plumeria)

th_RedWhiteBlueberryBathBomb.jpg

Red, White & Blueberries

th_ParadiseBathBomb.jpg

Paradise (pineapple)

Had to come back for a second look, I am so jealous right now

What can I say that hasn't been already!!

I can tell just by the pic. that those are some rock hard balls!! :D

LOVE LOVE LOVE the sugar design touches, just really makes them stand out and say "BUY ME!!!".

I can't wait to hear how they sell out for you!!

:thumbsup: and again :thumbsup:

AWESOME Jennifer!