Interesting read about antibacterial soap

jzastoupil

Isn't weird that most people are using antibacterial soap because they feel safer when it's making bacteria stronger? It is so difficult to find liquid soap that's just soap.

This is so true. I worked with a lady who is a GERM-A-PHOBE. She wouldn't even let someone else sit in her chair! She took her daughter to the doctor at least three times a month. Except for vaccinations, I only went to the doctor once as a kid and we didn't have anti bacterial soap when I was growing up.

Isn't weird that most people are using antibacterial soap because they feel safer when it's making bacteria stronger?
I guess it's because when anti bacterial soap first came out we were told the first half of the story (kills more germs) but not the second half (make the germs stronger when they come back). So now the first half of the story is stuck in people's minds and they are so used to using the anti bacterial stuff. They may not even be aware of the second half.