Need Emu Oil Supplier

leashaann

Are the Emu oils you all get scent free? I bought a lb./2 8oz bottles from WSP last year. Well I finally opened one after a couple months and it stunk, like the unrefined stuff does. Only it says fully refined. So I call and they won't replace it because I didn't call when I got it. Well it had a date from 1/11/06 to 1/11/07 and a seal on the bottles. I feel I got screwed so if I were you, I would not to order from WSP.

I have a pound I got from someone who got it from a coop.... it sat in my fridge for 5 months and then on my bathroom counter for 3 (don't ask) and it still has no odor (it's the yellowish stuff)

you should pop the top on that baby and use that under your eyes!!! Talk about a undertheeye moisturizer!!

MMS is out of stock. But www.thesoapdish.com is $24.00 a pound and www.kangarooblue.com is $26.00. HTH

Just talked to the lady from Soap Dish and so glad you sent me their web site, Just ordered the Emu, love all the info she has on it, and some back issues of the

Create the Dream!™ is a magazine that was developed for everyone who has a dream of small business ownership -- those who dare to envision their creations as a thriving enterprise. It's also for hobbyists who have a passion for creating soaps, candles, and herbal products. Create the Dream!™ is a labor of love -- and in short, it was created for you.

this looks like such a nice magazine, does anyone else get it?

you should pop the top on that baby and use that under your eyes!!! Talk about a undertheeye moisturizer!!
I did - toooooo greasy! (that's why it's in the bathroom )

CB...you may want to hold onto it for when/if your eczema flares up...stop the itching & any pain in one shot! But you only need a drop...1 tiny drop!

Man, I think I have a new miracle oil! Well, new to me. I made my "dog son" some soap w/ emu & neem..yeah, kinda stinky from the neem, but I'm loving the way his coat feels, really soft! And I got real happy & threw together a little Emu & Monoi for my face...love the way it absorbs...and I smell sooo good!

Sorry for the hijack...just a little excited about the Emu :yay:

Emu IS amazing! I just bought another 2 lb. Applied neat to a fresh burn, no blistering, to wounds after stitches are removed...no scarring. Even my DH's doc was surprised that his skin-cancer surgery healed as it did.

I keep the bulk in the fridge, but have small bottles in the kitchen, bedrooms and bathrooms.

I love emu oil and I have always purchased mine from an ebay seller and his prices were great but I've been looking for a new supplier as well. I think we need a co-op for this,,it's truly an amazing oil. Works wonders on scars and dark spots..just loved it in my body butter but now that I can make cream and lotion well you know I wanna play!:drool:

I love emu oil and I have always purchased mine from an ebay seller and his prices were great but I've been looking for a new supplier as well. I think we need a co-op for this,,it's truly an amazing oil. Works wonders on scars and dark spots..just loved it in my body butter but now that I can make cream and lotion well you know I wanna play!:drool:

Yeah, I think that wouldbe nice! Why are you looking for a new supplier? Quality? Price?

I got a pound from shutterbug & had I known how nice it was, I would have brought all she had! My dog's coat is amazingly soft, and I see a difference in my face everyday! I'm loving it!

Sharon

CB...you may want to hold onto it for when/if your eczema flares up...stop the itching & any pain in one shot! But you only need a drop...1 tiny drop!

Man' date=' I think I have a new miracle oil! Well, new to me. I made my "dog son" some soap w/ emu & neem..yeah, kinda stinky from the neem, but I'm loving the way his coat feels, really soft! And I got real happy & threw together a little Emu & Monoi for my face...love the way it absorbs...and I smell sooo good!

Sorry for the hijack...just a little excited about the Emu :yay:[/quote']

Funny that you made it for your dog because I'm planning to use it on my dog and horses. That's why it's so important that I find an affordable supplier. If all goes well with my testing and no-ones' tails fall off or go bald, I'll start trying to get friends hooked and maybe someday have a great product for many of the rots and fungis that horses get.

Well the Emu I got from Soap Dish is wonderful, no smell, thank God. And at $24 per lb, I think that was a very good price. Plus she has documentation on the Emu she sells, when it was made, how and where, I like knowing all that. I would see how it goes and ask her about getting more for a better price, might work....

That stuff is wonderful for sunburns.

But what's interesting too is the mark up that stores have on that stuff. It sells from suppliers for around $24.00 a pound and when I go to the local health food stores or spa type places (at least around here) it sells for about $17.00 an ounce.

• 3 weeks later...
My dog's coat is amazingly soft' date=' and I see a difference in my face everyday! I'm loving it!

Sharon[/quote']

I just my hands on some Emu oil, (there is an emu farm not far from here) and was doing a search for recipes for CP and saw the mention of your dog son!! My dog son's fur is extremely dry, and I was interested in knowing how much emu oil would you use per pound in a CP recipe??? If you wouldn't mind sharing?? Please....:embarasse

At the moment I'm using it for my DH's gout!! He gotten a sudden (his first) flair up and a friend of ours suggested Emu... So we're trying. And seeing as I'm addicted to CP now, and anything soap, I thought I'd like to try and make soap with it...

I just my hands on some Emu oil, (there is an emu farm not far from here) and was doing a search for recipes for CP and saw the mention of your dog son!! My dog son's fur is extremely dry, and I was interested in knowing how much emu oil would you use per pound in a CP recipe??? If you wouldn't mind sharing?? Please....:embarasse

At the moment I'm using it for my DH's gout!! He gotten a sudden (his first) flair up and a friend of ours suggested Emu... So we're trying. And seeing as I'm addicted to CP now, and anything soap, I thought I'd like to try and make soap with it...

I don't mind sharing anything I know...but I only make M&P soap right now :sad2: sorry. But CP or HP is coming...it's coming...I promise you :cheesy2: !!

If it helps any though, for him, pp of base I use 1 TBS each of Emu (cosmetic grade), Neem & Castor oil ...he doesn't like going out much in the Winter so he gets really dry. This little soap is doing wonders for his coat! I've also noticed much less shedding..he's a Pug, and Pugs shed once per year...all year long!

Lucky you...near an Emu farm!

HTH

Sharon

I don't mind sharing anything I know...but I only make M&P soap right now :sad2: sorry. But CP or HP is coming...it's coming...I promise you :cheesy2: !!

If it helps any though' date=' [i']for him, pp of base I use 1 TBS each of Emu (cosmetic grade), Neem & Castor oil ...he doesn't like going out much in the Winter so he gets really dry. This little soap is doing wonders for his coat! I've also noticed much less shedding..he's a Pug, and Pugs shed once per year...all year long!

HTH

Sharon

Man you got that right!!! Mine shedded year round also. They also snore very very LOUD! LOL Loved my Pug tho!

If it helps any though' date=' [i']for him, pp of base I use 1 TBS each of Emu (cosmetic grade), Neem & Castor oil ...he doesn't like going out much in the Winter so he gets really dry. This little soap is doing wonders for his coat! I've also noticed much less shedding..he's a Pug, and Pugs shed once per year...all year long!

HTH

Sharon

Well that is even better if you are using M&P!!!!! :cool2: I've only just started with the CP and don't feel confident enough to use it on anyone or any animal before I myself have throroughly tested it!!! I'm only just starting to use my first batch on my face!!

But the M&P is totally another thing!!:bliss:

That, I've been doing for much, much longer and do feel confident!!

I use the GM base though and I'm definately going to try out your recipe!!!

Shedding you say????????????????????? Shadow is a half breed german sheppard mix, but shed?????? OMG it's really bad!!!

Year in year out, which I can't understand as we have cold winters here.. Of course he is inside all of the time except for his walks, but the hair dust bunnies are unbelievable around here!!:shocked2:

Thank you ever so much!! I really do appreciate it!!!!!!:)

Well that is even better if you are using M&P!!!!! :cool2: I've only just started with the CP and don't feel confident enough to use it on anyone or any animal before I myself have throroughly tested it!!! I'm only just starting to use my first batch on my face!!

But the M&P is totally another thing!!:bliss:

That, I've been doing for much, much longer and do feel confident!!

I use the GM base though and I'm definately going to try out your recipe!!!

Shedding you say????????????????????? Shadow is a half breed german sheppard mix, but shed?????? OMG it's really bad!!!

Year in year out, which I can't understand as we have cold winters here.. Of course he is inside all of the time except for his walks, but the hair dust bunnies are unbelievable around here!!:shocked2:

Thank you ever so much!! I really do appreciate it!!!!!!:)

You're welcome! I'm so glad I was able to help! I used a plain white base...I'll try the GM base next time.

But...be forewarned: Neem oil stinks!! Rotton eggs, garlic & nuts...really funky! But it keeps the bugs & nasties away so I deal with it. I've read & have been told that it is toxic if taken internally, so be careful with any spills The extract is much nicer (and safe for consumption), which I use on the cat. Jojoba is also good for dog coats, so you may want to play around with different oils to see what's best for him. Have fun & let me know how it turns out for you!

OMG, did we just hijack the thread!? LOL

Sharon

• 2 months later...