It can't be helped

gottabt

I got some dissappointing news - after careful consideration it looks like I will need to step away from my candle business for awhile. My dh bought a company about 5 months ago. It is a spin off of his father's company and they are still doing the books for him. After many weeks of forensic accounting I have found the they are either not collecting or not forwarding (many clients are still paying father's co) the money due. This number is actually close to 25% of the outstanding payments. Since they are messing up the books so badly and do not really care about our small company I am going to have to take over the accounting. This means that I will have to start working full-time for the company as of the first of the year. We have decided that I will finish up the year with the shows that I have scheduled and I will keep up the accounts that I have but no more marketing for new accounts. I will be keeping my website and selling the little that I do through it but no more working at home in my jammies. I am hoping that it will be a temporary thing - less than 6 months but who knows. In the meantime, I will need to set up his books and get ready for the transition to a new accounting system. The ppl who know me will know of course that I will be using Peachtree for the company and with my knowledge of it this will not be difficult just time consuming. All the set up work will need to be completed prior to the first of the year. This will also give the current staff a chance to get the books up to date.

I have really grown to consider a lot of you my friends and not having the day to day contact with everyone here is really going to suck (sorry but there is no other way to put it).

I am really sort of mad that this is necessary but I really do not see any other way - the stress on my dh right now is unbelievable. He knew that there was an issue but could not find the time to figure out what it was or how bad it had gotten.

Thank you so much for listening to my little story. I am really not happy about this and it really does help to share.

Just remember that you are just stepping away for a while. You will always be a part of this "family" here and are welcome back ANY time. I can only give you my wishes and prayers that your DH's business does well. He is a very lucky man to have you to help him through this transition.

...The ppl who know me will know of course that I will be using Peachtree for the company...
Well DUH :D...LOL!!!

Good luck. I bet you'll have things there whipped into shape in no time, and you can return to your honorary junior kumquats (um, that would be us :highfive:) . Well miss you T!!

Sorry to hear you have to back away from candles for a LITTLE while but sure understand why. Best of luck on getting those darn books organized. If anyone can do it you can. ;) I value the information you share here and look forward to reading your posts again in the near future.

Guest EMercier

Sorry to hear that. Well, if you ever have free time, still come back and see what's up. I really appreciate the free wax you sent me. Haven't used it yet, but I will. (Forgot what you said I could use it for :) ). That's why my BF got me a PDA for my birthday. ANYWAY, trust me, you can get them together in no time. Remeber. . . It takes men twice as long to do something a woman can do in 2 minutes!! :D

I'm sorry to hear you'll be gone for a few months but as a family, you have to pull together as the team you and your husband are! It's wonderful that he can rely on your help in his time of need and frustration. You are a team for life and pulling together will straighten things out that much faster.

Pop in and say hello during the holidays or the weekends and save your money for when your ready to come back, kick butt and make candles again.

You will be sorely missed but we know you'll be back and know that these boards and all who resiede on them are here for you anytime you need us!

Good luck and God Bless,

:awww: Fire:wave:

Thank you all for the kind words of encouragement. It has really been a tough decision for us. I started working for myself about a year or so ago and my dh just bought his company. It is really stressful without an income (all money earned by me goes to pay the candle expenses). I am truly blessed that my relationship with my dh is so strong. We are the best of friends and he is really happy that I am coming aboard. He keeps telling me that he wishes it was sooner than the first of the year but I do have "some" responsibilities to my business. But the truth be known I am really looking forward to being with him all day. We really have not had much time together at all since he started. He has promised that we will pour on the weekends together to make sure that my business do not suffer in the meantime.

I really want to thank everyone here for their friendship and I do promise that I will try to log in once a day at work. He already knows that there will have to be access on my computer to check my forum. He has seen my withdrawl in its worst (when the board crashed). Now I will need to figure out how to check my company email from the office too.

Thanx again!