lets talk bath/shower gel

soapermom

I have not, up until this point, used a base of any kind. Nothing against those who do, I just like doing it all myself, thats part of the fun for me.

I do however, accept my limitations. I need to start carrying bath/shower gel. I would say 1/2 of my cutomers would prefer it to bar soap.

My question about bases is, are they "tinkerable"? Does anyone add anything besides fragrance to their bases?

If no, what bases have you found to be the best quality...there are soooo many out there.

I am with lindsaycb, I have been playing with WSP concetrate. My friend that I MAKE:p test stuff, says "it's the bomb". Out of the few that I have had test, one said it needed more FO (I used recomended minimum) but she loves the gel itself.

Sorry I can't be more help since I am no where near selling it and don't have a ton of feedback either.

HTH somewhat though

i have tried WSP shower gel and BCN aloe wash, b/t the two I like the BCN the best. I love the feel of it on my skin, however, you have to be extremelly careful when scenting b/c it will thin. in many cases crothix did not help with rethickening.

lindsay, many of my customers request a gel too instead of a soap.

I second Florida Soap Supplies for customer service, Ginny is great to work with. Never tried their shower gel bases though, but when I used to do my foaming bath butter with a base I got it from her.

I agree her customer service is great, but have never tried her base

I never tinker with shower gel base other than to add in crothix. If you mess around, you can thin and ruin the base. Shower gel is not the same as soap. You have to be very careful or else the entire consistency is ruined. I happen to like the shower gel from Nature's Garden. I also like WSP. BC is great, but it thins out just too much and too often.

If you're tinkering with a base...how does that affect the preservative?

I was hoping to add something for my benefit. I am not selling this at all. That was my original plan, but I am sticking with my bar soap. At least it is moisturizing! In the meantime, I have a two bottles of this concentrate to use up....I was hoping I could add something to make it a little more moisturizing. Heck, I may just sell it on the classies and be done with it! :mad: I was going to make up small batches and use it up that way, but what a PITA!!