Does This Tick You Off?

eugenia

I guess I'm not, because I'm used to seeing such all over the place. It's just another one of those head shakers. Now what would thrill me is for all of us to be so successful and pay attention to details (instead of omitting them) so there is no need for imports such as these.

WOW.. .Not good at all !!!

Does it list the manufacture on it??

It says NOTHING, not even the scent name. Where I live, people often leave stuff outside with "free" on them. I assume it's a gift someone did not want. There were two candles, here's the other one, made in the USA. Old Williamsburgh Candle Corp, Brooklyn, NY. Check out the wick placement.

100_0626.jpg

That top candle looks like a mcCalls candle to me, except I think theirs have the scent name on the front.. so maybe it's just a cheap knock off. I have one here, and it's got a warning label on it.

Doesn't tick me off.. it's just more of the same. All we can do is hope that the extra effort and care that we put into our products will pay off. And if it doesn't, we still have peace of mind. I guess that's better than the alternative.. at least for me.

Fugly to the extreme and downright tacky, IMO. :whip:

People leave stuff that is free? Where?

I guess the giftee agreed with you, LOL.

I live in a pre-war apartment building with parquet floors, picture frame walls and 12' ceilings, lots of space. It's a fabulous town, but I could never afford to buy a home here. Schools are great, DD is a fantastic student, so here we are.

People leave stuff outside, or in the front hall on one of the tables. One year, we were away for Easter. DD left I note on the front door stating "Mr. Easter Bunny, you can leave my basket right here", with an arrow pointing downwards towards our door mat. Imagine my surprise when we got home from our trip to discover Mr. Bunny's basket, right where he was instructed to leave it!

I guess the giftee agreed with you, LOL.

I live in a pre-war apartment building with parquet floors, picture frame walls and 12' ceilings, lots of space. It's a fabulous town, but I could never afford to buy a home here. Schools are great, DD is a fantastic student, so here we are.

Your apartment sounds very charming and beautiful.

I know how pricey NJ is, big time. My last fiancee :laugh2: wanted to build us my dream house, and the price was astronomical. He lives in Point Pleasant. I really didn't want to move to Jersey, to be honest.

My house is almost 3000 sq ft not counting a full third story and big basement.

I am used to having a lot of room for clutter (I mean supplies :grin2: ) . This house is very old, over 100 yrs with real cherry wood and leaded glass. To move me from this into some overpriced new build in another state would have been traumatic, to say the least. ;) Not to mention the whiney ass that comes with it. LOL!!

It could be cool to have things laying around free.

Never happen here. We do have garbage pickers, and I mean tons of them.

It's not a big surprise! Saturday I went for a "candle hunt", I wanted to see candles prices in some shops. I found only two shops carring candles. In the first a small container candle (in a very simple container, it seemed a water glass with no lids) was sold for 12.9 euros ($16.7). Off center wick, wax splashed on the top of the container, no label with burning instruction, weigh of the candle and burning time.

In the second shop (a cheap shop) I found a 3x3 pillar coming from china, sold for 5.60 euros ($7). it was plain and light blue. No labels.

So first of all, crappy candles are everywhere, you can find them free or for just $1, we should pay a lot for them, second.. if someone can pay such prices for an ugly candle, can sure pay something more for a good quality handmade candle (as mine:grin2:)

• 1 month later...
Cute country candle, right? Love the top. It has "Country Canning" embossed on it. Cute, prim style label.

Here's the bottom. Made in China. :lipsrseal No warning label, of course.

100_0624.jpg

Wow, you can see the wick tab is not even glued on and it looks like there are pigments all over too. No it wouldn't tick me off, it would only encourages smart customers to buy local quality candles!!

Shannon