E Z Wick system.

I have one of these coming tomorrow from Bitter Creek. My question is: will it fit my regular mouth pint size mason jar without it being sent to the inventor for adjustment? I got the single wick on and I'm hoping it will work without the hassels. I use just a regular pint mason jar.

Thanks, Fire:cool2:

I have the single wick model, too. Also have pint Masons. They have the same width opening as 8 oz jelly jars. The third setting is a little loose on the JJ and pint Mason, but if you want you can wrap some electrician's tape three times around the right level, and it fits just right. Might save you some time with sending it back to get it adjusted.

HTH! geek :grin2:

I have the single wick model, too. Also have pint Masons. They have the same width opening as 8 oz jelly jars. The third setting is a little loose on the JJ and pint Mason, but if you want you can wrap some electrician's tape three times around the right level, and it fits just right. Might save you some time with sending it back to get it adjusted.

HTH! geek :grin2:

I will have to try this with mine. It jiggles just a bit in my 8 oz JJ.

Thanks very much for the advice, Geek Runner!

Is there any other advice anyone can give me?

I know that since it work in a cold basement, to heat the bottoms of my jars prior to trying the wick stickums. I take the jars upstairs to do these but I have a spril staircase to my basement and it's a very tight spiral!

I'm looking forward to zipping through wicking jars, I can tell you that!

When I use it. I do not even tighten the little screw on it.

My screw kept coming undone, (I am hard pusher) so I just took it out.

I just put my wick in, let the white base sit on top of my jar, hold the white base, and push the handle down and attach. That way I can push hard and make sure my stickups are attached..

I hope that makes sense....:tongue2:

• 3 years later...
I swear my wick setter does not center wicks. I get so frustrated when this kept happening so I quit using it. I am back to using a hollowed out bic pen tube.

It can happen, if it doesn't fit well at the opening I had some tumbler which were a little distort, nothing I could see just looking at them). Or if the part in wich you insert the wick is loose. I give a look inside the tumbler to see if it's centered or not before pushing it. I'm really satisfied with it.

Send it back and get it adjusted or a new one. I love it, don't have to think about if it's in the right place. My dh does most of the wicking while watching TV, doesn't even have to take the jars out of the box. My grand-children love when there is wickin to do. I don't use tabs I use GE silicone. And it fits just fine with the reg. Mason jars.

Edited by Sharon in KY

I got an EZ Wick system for my husband when he wicks my 20 cases of jars...lol or my Mother if she comes over. I myself might stick with my straw as that is how I have done it for almost 9 years...I am a creature of habit. But figured it might be easier for others that aren't used to wicking my way.