container candles

I use an 8oz and 4oz straight sided jar. I found them at Makes Scents candle in Ohio, close to me. The price was right and people seem to like them, but I think a lot of people don't care that much about the jar as long as the candle burns good and smells good. Thats my opinion. I tried a little fancier jar and had trouble wicking it, so I gave up on that idea. So now these are all I use. I sell mostly the 8 oz, but some people like the 4 oz to try out new scents. Hope that helps some, Dee

8 and 4 oz. I tried the 16 and 20 oz containers, and they are just too expensive for most people- they'd rather get a couple of different scents in smaller containers. In general, anything priced at $10 or less gets more attention that those priced higher.

-Kristi

That's pretty much what I was thinking.

Thank you

I dont sell, just a hobby. But I have liked the 8 oz tins so far the best. I love the bigger jars, as I have alot of jar shades etc. The tins are a good starting place for a beginner, you dont have to worry about wet spots. And they are alot simpler to wick then some containers. Good luck:)

I used to carry 2 sizes.. 10 and 16. FOund I sold the 10oz. Now that I do shows I only carry i jar, 18 oz. I can display 66 fragrances on size rather than 33 scents in 2 sizes. Something to consider if you will be doing shows. How much variety do you want to offer???

I use the 8 oz mason jar, 16 oz mason jar and for those who want a more "upscale" look, I use a 28 oz apothecary jar.

It just depends on the area your in and what your customers want. some of mine want their candles in something other than a mason jar. I also fill the containers that customers want for their candles, takes longer, as I must test before I make the final candle, but I keep a notebook for future reference:)