? for 4794 wax users

babyrn

Actually, I have been having problems with this wax. I keep getting pin holes (sides only) in my finished votives. I have tried pouring at 175, 170, 165, and 160, and I'm still getting them, although there are less pin-holes. Anyone else have the same problem? And oh- I have also added a few ounces of pillar wax, that sorta helps.

Does anyone know I how I can fix this? (I don't heat my molds) Is this typical for this wax? People keep saying I'm pouring to fast, but I swear I have tried pouring them slower. Would anyone mind describing how you would go about pouring your votives slower?

Anything suggestions would really help. Thanxs. :)

For some reason nobody ever believes me when I advise this...

Spray a generous coat of WD-40 in those cups, let it sit for a minute, and wipe them out squeaky clean with paper towels. Then give them a good coat of mold release, let it sit for a minute, and wipe that out too until there's no visible trace of it.

Then go pour some votives (without pillar wax!) at 175 and report back on the results.

Spray a generous coat of WD-40 in those cups, let it sit for a minute, and wipe them out squeaky clean with paper towels. Then give them a good coat of mold release, let it sit for a minute, and wipe that out too until there's no visible trace of it.

Then go pour some votives (without pillar wax!) at 175 and report back on the results.

Hey! I'm totally gamed for anything! I use PAM for mold release, will that be a problem? And thanks for the tip! I'll let you know of my results....

Hey! I'm totally gamed for anything! I use PAM for mold release, will that be a problem? And thanks for the tip! I'll let you know of my results....
Just wipe it out good. If you ever order from BCN I recommend a bottle of their spray mist silicone mold release. Happens to be a good cleaner and wax remover too, so it helps keep your molds in great shape. One of those mist bottles lasts for ages.

Actually, I have been having problems with this wax. I keep getting pin holes (sides only) in my finished votives. I have tried pouring at 175, 170, 165, and 160, and I'm still getting them, although there are less pin-holes. Anyone else have the same problem? And oh- I have also added a few ounces of pillar wax, that sorta helps.

Does anyone know I how I can fix this? (I don't heat my molds) Is this typical for this wax? People keep saying I'm pouring to fast, but I swear I have tried pouring them slower. Would anyone mind describing how you would go about pouring your votives slower?

Anything suggestions would really help. Thanxs. :)

Could be 2 things. Maybe you are pouring too cold, or into cold cups, OR you may be stirring too fast in the pour pot creating air bubble, hence the "pinhole" in the finished candle. HTH

Going to make up some votives and I just got some of the IGI 4794 which I have never used. The instructions say to heat to 175 and add dye and fo. Is this the temp ya'll add the fo? Also, I was thinking of using a 36-24-24 wick, sound good?

I heat to about 180 add color and UV, cool it down to 160 add FO, then pour at 155 HTH

Heh...I'm betting a different way this time. Whenever someone says "pinholes" the knee-jerk answer is "mold temp" or "pour temp". You are all posting your procedures ad infinitum and the pour temps are all over the range that Scentedmoon tried already (presumably the molds aren't refrigerated) and some of you heat the molds and some of you don't and the bottom line is it all works. This wax just isn't that fussy. Sometimes the molds just need a deep cleaning.

Heh...I'm betting a different way this time. Whenever someone says "pinholes" the knee-jerk answer is "mold temp" or "pour temp". You are all posting your procedures ad infinitum and the pour temps are all over the range that Scentedmoon tried already (presumably the molds aren't refrigerated) and some of you heat the molds and some of you don't and the bottom line is it all works. This wax just isn't that fussy. Sometimes the molds just need a deep cleaning.

Murray one reason why we all get good results yet use a variety of techniques is because of the humidity/regional issues. Thats why it is good to try diffrent things (even if not according to the manf.), just because of issues partial to our part of the world. :smiley2:

I usually let my wax get to 180 and add my UV, then scent and then color. I pour at 165-170 and when it is time I do my re-pours at 10-15 degrees hotter. I use the 36-24-24z wicks in mine. HTH

The same for me, except I usually use HTP 41 in mine and they do pretty well!:yay:

• 2 weeks later...

Your an absolute genius! It worked like a charm. Not only on my votives but my pillars as well. Thanks so much for sharing! Your the MAN or WOMAN! :wink2: