Good God...yet another reply! UGH!

BizzyBs

I really don't want to go back and forth with a woman who obviously doesn't get the point of what I (excuse me...I mean Indescent LOL) is trying to say. Here is her last reply:

Constructive criticism is one thing but downright insulting is another. I didn't insult your business and how your choose to operate it, did I? And I don't believe I assumed anything in sending that email. I just wanted to let you know we were here and open to trying out small company products as well as the big company products. It can help you get a review in the bigger ones too, as I'm sure you know. That's why I like to contact smaller companies. To give them a fighting chance and we have featured so many of them in past issues that I can't even count. Yay for us!

And how are we "double talking" venders out of product?? Do you have any idea how many products a writer receives on a daily basis sent to them by companies that pay for the product and the shipping? Come to my house and see.

How do I alienate sponsors and vendors? I don't understand that. If I am offending by sending the email in the first place, please tell me so I can change it. I certainly don't want to send a blind email like I did with you and have someone pissed that I did.

Nothing is guaranteed in terms of a review and I make that quite clear in the About Us section. If we wrote about every product that we received then we would have to write about the good and the bad and beauty companies don't like bad reviews. We have a loyal readership because we pick out the best. Why focus on the negative like some people want to do? We like to focus on the positive.

As far as doing something a long time not making it right. I agree with you there. We are always looking to better the site and up the awareness and it is not perfect and neither are we. But we wouldn't have the readership that we do if we were not doing something right. Yes, it did start out as a hobby but now it has turned into something more. And I love it! I have appeared in print and on major network TV quite a few times here in LA as an independent beauty expert.

Every image used in the mag is used by permission by the PR company or the direct company because I am writing about their items. Yes, I do shoot some myself but the big companies have such great photographers that take pictures of their items for their collections. Not to mention, they are much better at it than I.

And yes, for the past 4 years, every single product featured on the site, with the exception of about 4%, are products sent to us by the companies. And they are all full size products. As I mentioned in a previous email, the money the site generates goes to pay my writers, not to buy product.

Done with this.

Some people just don't know when to quit...but, I sincerely think there isn't anything left to be said...she just doesn't get it.

Sorry to have taken up so many posts here on the boards with this...I am now done.

Well, really, you should have left it alone at her last reply. YOu said your piece, she said hers. You didn't want her to contact, she didn't want to contact you, everything's gravey and everyone is happy. Personally, by sending the last letter, you were just stirring up shit. Let this one die. You are not going to gain anything by replying to her.

Also, updates could have been posted in the same thread.

Lighten up, Sune:p

We're done toying with this mouse and are going back to take our catnaps. I think we have all enjoyed this little stress reliever for many different reasons.

Ahhh....*closes the door to the Lay-You-Out tour bus for the final time*

But still...BEWARE OF SHARKS!

stirring up shit or not! I was amused for the time being!

Perosnally, I think this lady is a big crock of happy honkey horse doodie!

Look at the way she writes. She can't write to save her own a$$. or her writer's, no wonder she has writers because if she tried to write something herself it would sound like her flustered wittle 1st grade essay she just wrote!

Look at the site. It looks terrible! Her 'awesome' ever so precious reviews stink. The font is so hard to read I quit reading and clicked through the rest of the pages.

Don't worry about her! and her ever growing 'loyal readers' *cough*

SHARK!!!!!!!!!!!

That would be a hoot...wouldn't it? If she only knew all the stuff that was being said about her and that all of the emails weren't actually from me...but MY writer LOL. Thanks again Indescent! :)

haha! you are allowed to have awriter you don't claim to have a spactacular e-mag!!!! lol! :D

Yea Me too!

Ok to all CT members!

Bizzy and I are both starting our own persoanl e-mags!

We will do one better than this chick!

We will guarantee your products a WONDERFUL review for all of our soon to be huge fan/loyal reader base to read!

Your sales are sure to sky rocket!!!

all you have to do is send one of everything in your product line (full size applications only please!) to me

and another set to B

and poof

instant increased sales!!!!

I will even pay for my own shipping!

I am sure B will too!

What an offer!

disclaimer: this is just a joke!

"Do you have any idea how many products a writer receives on a daily basis sent to them by companies that pay for the product and the shipping? Come to my house and see.

How do I alienate sponsors and vendors? I don't"

What kind of magazine writer have "products" mailed to their house?:rolleyes2 I would think that all products would be tested at the home office of the magazine or "testing kitchen"??

Exactly our point...she ISN'T a magazine writer. She is an extortionist looking for hard working individuals, such as ourselves...to send our AWESOME products to her for free. So, she can say she tested and reviewed and then USED it for herself.

OOOHHHH...where do these people find me?? UGH!

Exactly our point...she ISN'T a magazine writer. She is an extortionist looking for hard working individuals, such as ourselves...to send our AWESOME products to her for free. So, she can say she tested and reviewed and then USED it for herself.

OOOHHHH...where do these people find me?? UGH!

LMAO mighta been that little blurb I wrote in that bathroom stall in the truck stop. ROFLe

My bad.