I have a ? about Solas

prcandles

Ok, after reading through here and finding out how much everyone loves Solas, I have decided to bite the bullet and order some new scents this coming week. The question isn't "which one?" though. The question is, has anyone tried the Caribbean Summer? And if so, what does it smell like? I really would like to order one of everything like so many here, but, I can't use the really strong florals. If anyone has used this one, please let me know?

Thanks.

Oh, I did decide on:

Energy

Ginger

Vanilla Plum

White Tea & Ginger

So, any opinions?

Thanks again,

Pat

Out of your list you will love the energy, vanilla plum and the white tea & ginger.

There are just so many to choose from but if you like spearmint you should try Winter. Citrus Splash is also another good one. I could go on and on but I will be good.

HTH

No, you don't have to go easy on me! Tell me more, I really would like to order more, but I have to watch out when it says it has a floral in it.

To me, that usually means Rose, and that means no breathing. If you have more ideas, please share.

Thanks,

Pat

Thank you Diamond!

It does help. I just went back and found that I could check reviews of the scents there. Which answered my original question. Thanks for taking time.

I think I have found a few more, and they are some of the ones from your list too.

Thanks again.

Here is some more. Angel Food Cake, Guavaberry, Elderberry, Milk and Honey, Hot Chocolate, Lemon Sugar, Apple Pie, Blueberry Pie, Strawberry Wine, Lime Basil, Mandarin, Black Currant, Lavender Cucumber Sage. HTH

And I just follow Diamond's lead. LMFAO Forgot about those.

I love Guavaberry and Elderberry. Both discolor in soaps ( well at least for me who is challenged in color LOL), Milk and Honey - OOB is wonderful, putting that in soap this weekend. Lemon Sugar is nice. Wish it was stronger but I think the reason I want it that way is because of LLC. Strawberry Wine- just got a sample of that and love it. Lime Basil and Mandarin is great oob as well. Can definetly smell the basil in it.

Ok, I am done LOL We won't try to enable you too much. hehehe

I love Guavaberry and Elderberry. Both discolor in soaps ( well at least for me who is challenged in color LOL), Milk and Honey - OOB is wonderful, putting that in soap this weekend. Lemon Sugar is nice. Wish it was stronger but I think the reason I want it that way is because of LLC. Strawberry Wine- just got a sample of that and love it. Lime Basil and Mandarin is great oob as well. Can definetly smell the basil in it.

LMAO...I am trying to be good. I could have mentioned Mango Tea, Pear Tea, Orange Clove. lol

Solas is having a sale right now on Catalpa (non soap safe) and a couple of others. Anyone try any of the ones on sale? Is Catalpa good?

I'm so tempted!!!

Missy

I haven't put it in candles yet but I think it is OFCLynn is the one to ask about it. HTH

Christina, I don't do soaps, so discolor isn't a problem unless you look at my candles, which one day I will post a pic of here. But, the real reason I am looking for new scents is because you all make me drool over the soaps in the galleries. Amazing the soaps you do! I would be happy with any of them. Truely.

Diamond, the Mango Tea, and Pear Teas are both maybes as well. I guess I should just bite the bullet and order all non florals and be done with it. And I didn't plan on just the little one ounce. I figured, for the shipping I might as well go with the 4 ounce. I don't make enough to justify the 8's yet.

Thanks again, to all

:yay:

Caribbean summer ... a great medley of tropical and fruity. Sort of reminds me of Jamaica Me Crazy, but there is no hint of coconut that I could pick out. Vaguely reminds me of another fruit bouquet, but I cannot place it. It's a wonderful scent though lol!

No, you don't have to go easy on me! Tell me more, I really would like to order more, but I have to watch out when it says it has a floral in it.

To me, that usually means Rose, and that means no breathing. If you have more ideas, please share.

Thanks,

Pat

Romantic Blooms is a soft rose, so stay away from it.

I'm pretty sure cas (the CT member here) can help steer you away from those with rose in them.

Oh, but if you LOVE foodies ... do not pass up getting the Brooklyn Biscotti. OMG delicious and strong.

Catalpa is a strong floral. I can't say if it has rose in it though. I doesn't strike me that it's in there. Again, ask cas though.

Besides the catalpa, I have one on that sale's list and I haven't done a thing with it, so I cannot comment.

Thanks again, Grumpy and Scented. I was really hoping you two would pop in and let me know. Seriously, I think one of each is pretty close to what I will end up with. And if it does have rose, I guess I would have to find it a good home.

Since I have too much time on my hands these days, at least I can play with wax.

Thanks again, and will let all know what I go with!

Pat

I love Guavaberry and Elderberry. Both discolor in soaps ( well at least for me who is challenged in color LOL), Milk and Honey.

Odd that guava discolored on ya. It didn't for me :undecided

Milk and honey ... to die for. Pure heaven all the way!! Don't pass it up.

I have to be the :( (yea yea, I know) and tell you that I am in the minority here that I didn't like the Be Delicious type in my soap or OOB - a grapefruit note sticks out for me, and I just don't like grapefruit. I'm hoping it mellows in my CP, cause I've read lots of rave reviews of it here.

So it's probably just me.

We have the Solas Soap Swap, but those results aren't due back for a while. Maybe we should do a Solas candle or tarts swap to see how they do in wax...

Carebear, if I thought anything I did was worthy of a swap, I would be there for it! Right now, I mainly keep my daughter and her unit supplied with candles.(She is in Texas, in the army and pregnant) but, she loves them so thats whats important I guess.

Odd that guava discolored on ya. It didn't for me :undecided

Milk and honey ... to die for. Pure heaven all the way!! Don't pass it up.

Scented you are correct. I went back and looked at my notes. Why on earth did I think I have soaped Guavaberry. I haven't LMFAO. Only Elderberry discolored. Sorry for the confusion.

Christina

Carebear, if I thought anything I did was worthy of a swap, I would be there for it! Right now, I mainly keep my daughter and her unit supplied with candles.(She is in Texas, in the army and pregnant) but, she loves them so thats whats important I guess.

Now this is the perfect reason to join a swap, to get feedback. anddddd it is so much fun to get a box full of goodies.

I have been watching the swaps and keep thinking, hmmm maybe the next one. Thought about it, then the swap is closed, so maybe the next one...

and on. But if the Solas are as good as everyone says and I get some into tarts... then maybe the next one I am in!

Thanks for all the help everyone!:yay: