What state do you live in and what sells

I have a pre-conceived notion that scented jar candles and tarts sell better up North and pillars and votives sell better in the south.

As in example: A friend was at a large show in Phoenix, Arizona and told me that the booths with scented containers was dead, but the booth with the scented pillars and votives was hoping.

What part of the country are you from, and what do your customers prefer?

I'm from South Carolina, sell soy container candles and tarts, but way more of the soy candles. My tarts are strong, so I have some customers who prefer the tarts, but most new customers and repeat customers seem to just prefer soy candles. Soy candles seem to be more popular with other candlemakers in my area, also.

I live in Alabama...I sell 8 oz containers, melts and I also do aroma bead sachets. The melts don't do so well but people love the jars and sachets. I am currently working on pillar testing, have been for the last year or so(I just can't get these puppies satisfactorily wicked), I have had a few requests for them, but people seem much more interested in the jars. At one time I also did votives, but they didn't do well enough to keep in my line.

Well, I apologize for the double post, but what happened was when I posted it the first two times (backed out of the program and came back several times - NO POST.) So I tried it one more time, and WALAH two posts.

Sorry, don't know what was wrong. Never had that happen before.

Well, anyway. It looks like my pre-conceived ideas were all wrong anyway. To me, I prefer the jars for the scent, and pillars for ombiance.

For those people who answerd from Azizona, I am sure you are familiar with that candle store on I think it's Thomas Rd. and 28th St. Actually he has several now in Arizona. He has every conceivable candle in the book there but no jars. I know he tried them at one time but then discontinued them.

Interesting..... Haven't been there in a while, so don't know if anything has changed. Fantastic store. Wish everyone on this board could have a look at it. They would drool.

I forgot to say that I sell everything. Such as pillars, tarts, tea lights, containers, votives, bears, and aroma beads. Everything sells well for me. I would have to say though over the summer I seemed to sell a lot of pillars but this winter I sold a ton on tea lights, containers, and votives.