Silky Suds

ladysj

I am using this for my milk baths. Only thing is since I only have a shower and have never been able to try it I have no idea how to describe it. I need to know how to describe it on my website. Any input is greatly appreciated. Also, what do you charge for 8 ounces?

I totally agree here.. Every single product you make should be used by you and quite a few testers for feedback! How do you know it won't clump in the tub? Or stick to the edges as it drains? Or to stick to your armpits when it turns to glue?

• 1 month later...

Mnhorsemom, it's more that liking it. It's taking responsibility for creations you have made. (Not you, but everyone.)

Would you pour a new wax with a new scent with the newest all the rage wick and sell it the next day? Or would you burn that baby down and make sure it was safe. Every B&B item needs to be tested, by the seller, to make sure it has the desired effects.

I understand testing, God knows I've done a lot of it myself. And, no if I was using a new wax,wick and whatever I wouldn't not test. But, if I was making something from a tried and true recipe, and could get insight on the item from people that had made it and used it I sure would. Bunny, I know your reply was not necessarily directed at me or my previous post and I didn't say she shouldn't test just that she could get some feedback info from others posts on the product she was asking about.

But what's a tried and true recipe? Ok, my bath melts.. Lots of people make them, lots of people post they like them. Me? I hate them, it's too much oil in one bath, and it's a total utter mess. Now, if were a newbie and saw them, they might make them and sell them just like that. Not cool. Then they will have customers using a product that is a total utter mess. When the newbie could have used it one time and known they can make the product better.

I honestly feel that each item needs to be tested and possibly tweaked by each individual that makes them, then if you choose to use testers, send them for feedback.

Am I makin any sense??

I would never, ever make any product, candle or B&B, without me testing it personally - and usually more than once. I've started off with "tried and true" recipes before only to have a complete disaster but would not have know it had I not bothered to test and instead relied on board feedback. Personally, I prefer to start with a recipe and then tweak it to make it mine and maybe even improve it. This IMO makes me better prepared to answer questions about that product. If I didn't test it myself, I don't think I would be in a position to really give a customer my opinion or advice.

I myself am more of a shower person, but have made this and used it myself (dont sell it) and loved it. It is soooo worth trying out. Just wait for a chilly day and go take a hot bubble bath and test it. Even if you dont stay in it for long you'll like it.

But what's a tried and true recipe? Ok, my bath melts.. Lots of people make them, lots of people post they like them. Me? I hate them, it's too much oil in one bath, and it's a total utter mess. Now, if were a newbie and saw them, they might make them and sell them just like that. Not cool. Then they will have customers using a product that is a total utter mess. When the newbie could have used it one time and known they can make the product better.

I honestly feel that each item needs to be tested and possibly tweaked by each individual that makes them, then if you choose to use testers, send them for feedback.

Am I makin any sense??

Makes perfect sense to me, probably b/c I DID make those bath melts and felt the same as YOU about them, too much oil and mess to clean up-at least for ME. LOL ;)

My bath items are all tested by my kids, a teenage daughter and a 6 yr. old son, they love taking baths. :D

Of course I don't sell much bath salts-it seems hardly anyone I know takes baths anymore. :confused:

I found the perfect size for the bath melts and I changed the recipe a little(like Bunny suggested) and I LUV the melts for a nice super moisturizing bath once and awhile (not everyday). Too big a melt does leave the tub and you all oily :tongue2: .

I LUV SLSa I'm so glad it doesn't dry my skin out like it does some.