New Years Specials Ideas?

KJohnson

Maybe buy 6 8 ounce JJ and get 1 FREE.Will check to see if 7 would fit in a flat rate shipping box USPS.I put 3 in a box and 10 packs of tarts and that was OK.Also stuffed to the rim with paper and bubble wrap so maybe it would fit. :undecided

Going to check the website and see what I can come up with.I had candles on sale during the holiday.Back to the normal price now.

LynnS

I use the FRB1. was shown the other box but could tell a candle would not fit in there.Postmaster only had 1 box so I don't have any here.

If all you can fit in that box is 6 candles I might have to forget that idea. Will try but don't want any to break with overcrowding.

LynnS

Great idea on Free shipping on a flat rate.I also like the $5.00 shipping idea.I already have some candles on my site that are left over craft show items but so far no sales.Maybe Free shipping will wipe those out.

LynnS

Special Offer???Well most of us have a idea what we will do but how long will some of you do the offer.2 weeks 3 weeks a month??? I know one is going to keep a flat $5.00 shipping cost.I have thought and decided to see how it goes. :undecided

I am doing like NOODLE.Flat rate box($8.10) and all that will fit in that box.

LynnS

I'm having a hard time trying to decide how to set up the cart to automatically set up flat rate for a certain amount of items. I think it's beyond my comprehension to have it done automatically. For instance, one of my Bastard Bears will not ship flat rate, he won't fit in a box. (Damn Bears)

I'm doing a 10% off all orders over $15 thru Jan. 8th, and for the entire month of January, every person that places an order gets put into a drawing on Valentines day for their choice of either a whole log of soap (their choice of scent from my stock choices) or a 16oz. jar of Grumpy Buttah. We'll see how it goes.

Don't worry about adjusting your site to accomodate FREE SHIPPING. Put a large note right on the home page that shipping will be adjusted / refunded soon after. I have no time to mess around with my site. LOL! Customers do not care as long as they get free shipping. I also wanted to add that I have found free shipping to be a great selling tool a few times a year. I do require a minimum purchase. When I gave percentages off of products, I found that my profits were much less. You can fit an awful lot into the rectangular flat and the word FREE just excites a lot of people. :grin2: $8.00 to pay always works out MUCH better for me.

Great idea on Free shipping on a flat rate.I also like the $5.00 shipping idea.I already have some candles on my site that are left over craft show items but so far no sales.Maybe Free shipping will wipe those out.

LynnS

How in the world can you offer $5 shipping and not lose money on every order?

I offer % sales and BOGO but never anything on shipping.

Well, it seems like a lot of us have the same thing on our minds. I have been thinking of ideas to move stock out so I can start a new line (don't have room now.)

OK I have a couple of the flat rate boxes here.. The best bet would be the FRB1 which is 11x8 1/2x5 1/2. I can easily fit 7 jelly jars in there with plenty of room for packing and can get 6 pint jars with plenty of packing..

Jeanna

OK I have a couple of the flat rate boxes here.. The best bet would be the FRB1 which is 11x8 1/2x5 1/2. I can easily fit 7 jelly jars in there with plenty of room for packing and can get 6 pint jars with plenty of packing..

Jeanna, how do you arrange them when you put 7 jelly jars in the box? So far I've been putting 6 and wondered what's the trick to get the 7th one in there.

How in the world can you offer $5 shipping and not lose money on every order?

I offer % sales and BOGO but never anything on shipping.

That's a good question. I guess it depends on what they order. If they ordered a dozen jars you'd lose money for sure. But if they only ordered say 1/2 a dozen votives you wouldn't lose. Besides compared with free shipping you're still $5 ahead.

Ok here is a pic I took.. In this pick I have 8 jj in the box and packing peanuts. When I did this I notice the the FRB is only a hair smaller the the case of 12 jj.

And I broke a jar while doing this..:embarasse I fogot that I didn't have the boxed taped and picked it up by the top, walked across the room and well.... I think you know what happened next..:whistle:

Jeanna

post-385-139458416525_thumb.jpg

CandleMan

I do not offer the $5.00 shipping but said it was a good idea for the specials for a while.I have gone with the flat rate idea(specials) and posted that on most of my pages since some might not see it.It is definetly on my HOME page.The $5.00 regular shipping is on my site and thought I took it off but it was for orders $0-20.Then I went to flat rate box. I need to adjust my shipping and stay with the flat rate.A order during the holidays was $5.00 and realized it was not changed.Need some adjustiing.It was for a $20 or less order.So no I wasn't going to make money but saw this on other sites and gave me the idea.BUT when I went to the PO and had them to weigh just one candle it was almost $4.00 to ship.I knew I couldn't make money.

My shipping is going to be ALL flat rate.I have it on my shipping page but need to adjust the "shipping" on the shopping cart.

With the flat rate($8.10) (fill that box) I will make money.If they order 6 candles it will make up for that.

LynnS