Portion Cups for Tarts

I beleive it was Lacontainers. YOu can look them up at that .com as well. I think it was decided by some that since they were not marked with the five that they wouldn't work, but others disagree. I don't think anyone has actually used them and had them fail... just that no one wants to chance it since it's not a 5 product.

I use them (1 Oz size) for pouring little samples for Fundraisers. The ones marked #6 definitely fail when pouring heavy, vanilla scents. The fos eat right thru the cup and make a mess. They work ok for light scents. The sample cups I pour are not meant to last forever. There was a post about a company that did make them in #5. They were made of polyprolene which should work. Have not tried them. Good Luck, Carole

www.foodservicedirect.com

I use the 2 oz portion cups- look for the polypropylene ones. They are rated #5 and work beautifully! I fill about 3/4 of the way up and get a 1.2 oz melt.

I have a quick question for those who make melts with the portion cups, do you make them in there as in using the cup as a mold, or do you sell it in the cup as well? I have cups but so far have only used them for sniffies of the scents I carry. When I made single melts I got tired of making them in the yan*** shaped molds, putting them in freezer, hoping one of the little edges didnt break when I popped them out, but never thought about using the cups as a mold to sell the single melts. I do clamshells now but I have a LOT of these cups because I bought them in bulk and I only have so many FOs so thought about putting some of them to use.

I have a quick question for those who make melts with the portion cups, do you make them in there as in using the cup as a mold, or do you sell it in the cup as well? I have cups but so far have only used them for sniffies of the scents I carry. When I made single melts I got tired of making them in the yan*** shaped molds, putting them in freezer, hoping one of the little edges didnt break when I popped them out, but never thought about using the cups as a mold to sell the single melts. I do clamshells now but I have a LOT of these cups because I bought them in bulk and I only have so many FOs so thought about putting some of them to use.

Shelley- I sell them in the cup. Much like a clamshell in that you just pour, pop the lid on and label it they're just smaller and different shaped:grin2: They sell much better for me than clamshells do. I use a round label on the top of the lid and I think they look pretty good and they hold up a lot better for shipping too. I too got SO tired of pouring into molds, sticking in the freezer, waiting to unmold, bagging in polypro ziplocks and labeling etc. I can pour 500 tarts in less than half the time it took me to do it the other way- it's a little more expensive this way for me, but the trade off on time is more than worth it.

Jen,

I seen that they have a 1oz size do you think that is too small? Most of the tarts I make seems to be about 1oz so I was wondering about them. This does seem like an easier way to do tarts.

Thanks in advance

Angied

It might be to small. To be honest, I just guessed on sizes when I ordered and went with the 2 ounce ones. I fill about 3/4 of the way up and it makes a 1.2 ounce melt. Slightly bigger than the 1 ouncers I did before that. Just because the 2 ounce one when completely full doesn't make a 2 ounce melt, I'd be afraid that the one ounce cups would be too small but I don't know for sure- maybe someone that's tried that size could chime in.

Thanks for the answer Jen....I just went back and looked at them again and they have some that are 1 1/2 oz as well but they say swat cups....dont know about that. Do you use the black ones? And if you dont mind me asking do you color your wax still if using the black ones?

Sorry for so many questions but thanks for the info:D

Angied

Thanks for the answer Jen....I just went back and looked at them again and they have some that are 1 1/2 oz as well but they say swat cups....dont know about that. Do you use the black ones? And if you dont mind me asking do you color your wax still if using the black ones?

Sorry for so many questions but thanks for the info:D

Angied

I have no idea what swat sups are! LOL I think the brand that I got are Conex. I got the translucent ones but if I did black I probably would not bother with coloring them since it's such a pain anyway! LOL

Shelley- I sell them in the cup. Much like a clamshell in that you just pour, pop the lid on and label it they're just smaller and different shaped:grin2: They sell much better for me than clamshells do. I use a round label on the top of the lid and I think they look pretty good and they hold up a lot better for shipping too. I too got SO tired of pouring into molds, sticking in the freezer, waiting to unmold, bagging in polypro ziplocks and labeling etc. I can pour 500 tarts in less than half the time it took me to do it the other way- it's a little more expensive this way for me, but the trade off on time is more than worth it.

Ah ok, I gotcha :D Thanks for the reply

I looked at the site and i could not find where it is rated #5?

I couldn't either when I was looking, so I emailed them to ask. They told me they had the 5 on the bottom and were certain they were polypro. Sure enough, when I got them there is a 5 on the bottom.

All of them are #5? I like the black ones!

I don't know. I only asked specifically about the ones I wanted, which were the translucent ones that were labeled specifically as polypropylene. I don't see any black ones from that brand (but I admit I'm not looking too hard-lol) The item # of the ones I bought is UF200PC from food service direct. They're Conex compliment cups manufactured by Dart container. I'd email and ask them about the black ones.

Watch out with the shipping from Restockit. I had 2 items in my cart for $12. and not that heavy and they wanted $11 for shipping.

OUCH! When I got my portion cups they were for sniffies only, but I got them at AceMart. Can't remember the shipping offhand, but didnt seem too bad or I'm sure I would remember where not to order from. I dont know if the ones from AceMart are good enough to make the tarts though, the sniffies I made about 6 months ago or so still smell good, but I havent tried burning them.

OUCH! When I got my portion cups they were for sniffies only, but I got them at AceMart. Can't remember the shipping offhand, but didnt seem too bad or I'm sure I would remember where not to order from. I dont know if the ones from AceMart are good enough to make the tarts though, the sniffies I made about 6 months ago or so still smell good, but I havent tried burning them.

Well I put some stuff in my basket at AceMart and it too is high in shipping, I can't believe I didnt complain about that (even if to myself lol) when I ordered.