GreenLeaf F/O feedback please~

Fire and Ice

I alway heard pretty good things about Greenleaf so I've decided to sample a few of their scents but I can't decide:

Citrus & Teak

Citrus and Beramot

Indonesian Teak

Poly Black Ginger

Sarsen

Burburry Touch for men

Manduro(out of stock Grr)

Dolce & Garbona for men

Mambo for men.

Anybody have any feeback on these scents and how strong they are in soy way?

Thanks,

Fire:cool2:

Hi, I use several from your list but my wax is a 50-50 blend so please keep that in mind.

Citrus Bergamot: I actually haven't put this in wax but it's wonderfully strong in bath & body (bath bombs, lotion, shower gel & body spray)

Indonesian Teak: it's not a super strong scent to begin with BUT you can definitely smell it when it's burning and it has a good cold throw.

Polynesian Black Ginger: this IS a softer scent with a light hot & cold throw.

Sarsen: same as Polynesian Black Ginger

Maduro: now this one IS STRONG burning and will fill my living room with cathedral (sp?) ceilings. also has excellent cold throw, my DH's favorite!

Starla: this wasn't on your list BUT I put it in the same category as the Maduro, along with her Mulberry Spice (TOP Holiday scent for me)

HTH,

Beverly

I received my 1st order from them last week. I didn't get any of the scents that you are deciding between. I haven't made any in candles w/ them just yet, but I am in love w/ Pomona's Orchard--it is definitely a different scent & I can't wait to make some candles w/ it!! Also I have a sample of their Grapefruit Watermelon & love it!!! I know this isn't much help, but wanted to give my opinion~

I use primarily GL's oils and they are all great!! Quite honestly there are only a few I've been disappointed in and thats only because I personally didn't care for the scent. This isn't even touching on the fact that Brenda has awesome customer service. She will help you as much as she can to solve any problems you may experience using her products though quite honestly you shouldn't have any problems. Give them a try and I think you'll be pleased. My recommends are the Indo Teak, Antahala Vanilla and the Coconut Vanilla. My list goes on and on but definitely try those three.

HTH

ETA; You don't need to use 1.5 oz per lb on these oils. A few maybe but none I've tested.

Thanks for the feed back thus far. Hope others will let me know and join in the talk. The prices are a little high but I was told the F/O are worth it. I generally use 1.5oz per pound. My customers love stronger scents but if the scent is great I may still go with it.

Yes prices are a little high but some are actually worth it unless you can get them duped like I did :-) Jars and other items you can get cheaper elsewhere unless you live by them.

I use my own personal soy blend in wide mouth mason jars with HTPs

Indonesian Teak - excellent hot and cold throw. It is a lighter scent that has kind of powdery undertones. While its a lighter scent, the throw in this one is awesome. Very clean and fresh. A definite must.

Poly Black Ginger - don't judge this one OOB (you shouldn't with any FO actually). This one really comes alive in wax and is a very soft scent. I also pick up a powdery scent to it. Very fresh and light.

Sarsen - I didn't care for this one and couldn't get much of a throw. I also had to wick up on this one.

Maduro - I've never used this in wax but only in B&B. This has some very musky undertones and is a great unisex scent.

I've not tried the rest on your list but would also recommend the Merlot and Cabarnet Sauvigon. Both are great in wax and B&B. The throw in soy is awesome.

I just got my first order last week as well , and I was not disappointed. I was looking for unique scents and I found them!..

Ind. Teak - I could not stop smelling

Violet musk- so nice

Mambo - strong ,masculine

Maduro-- I wasn't sure i thought what was the big fuss about this scent , then I lit it ..WOW!

Dolce Fig - loved it

Enerizing , -great

Basically I can't say enough about her oils.

Gardenia Petals (could not keep this poured fast enough for Christmas)

Strawberry Musk

Ind. Teak (throws strong in 70/30)

Maduro (sells great)

Butt Naked

Leather-N-Lace

Honey Graham Cracker

Green Tea and Cucumber

Fig Dolce

Sarsen (nice but not strong enough for me)

Fig Dolce (nice and unique)

Violet Musk

Violet Musk is my new favorite... very calming and feminine

Chocolate Latte sold great thru Christmas.... makes me need a Starbucks fix!

Coconut Vanilla is the best!

IMHO You wont be disappointed in any of the oils they carry, I havent been!

Thank You all for your replies. I'll be ordering a a few days after the New Year. This make me feel better with the investment I make because R & D are very important for me as I attempt to stay ahead of the locals and take my customers to new places with brand new scents.

I think the only ones of those I've tested is the Maduro. I don't use soy, but it was crazy strong in 4630. It's a earthy/masculine scent to me and I don't much care for it because of that, lol. I have no idea if it would sell for me or not! LOL

The Indonesian Teak and Mambo both give me strong cold & hold throws and they are wonderful! I also use Mambo in soap & body sprays. A sexy masculine scent that both men & women both like.

Polynesian Black Ginger is extremely strong and I personally don't care for the scent. (perhaps it just seems strong because I don't like it?)

Masterbaker is right about the Antahala Vanilla - you've GOT to get it. The name is misleading, it's not merely a vanilla with a twist, it's a great designer fo. Good in wax & B&B.

I use a 70% soy blend from GL & have found very few GL fo's that do not throw well in it. And their customer service is the best.

I have to also give thumbs up to the Indonesian Teak. I love this scent in my para/soy scent, hot and cold throw rocks. I also put this in a spray as a room spray and it is so nice. My absolute favorite GL scent is Grapefruit Watermelon - both throws rocks. I like Maduro, but it didn't seem to catch anybody else's attention. They have unique scents. I think I am going to try a few others that have been suggested. I did think the Violet musk was good, but I dont' have it in my line.