Getting NIzzy With It

My whipped nizzy I made this morning, scented coconut milk. Used my own recipe, seems to be doing nicely. After trying to do his basic palm.olive.castor recipe and my palm oil never getting that solid whipped look, I went back to the drawing board and just created my own recipe. For hours it sat there looking as fresh as can be, did not even heat up. I just touched the sides of the mold and it is quite hot now, so at least something is working in there. I am going to put it in the fridge tonight as my freezer cannot accomodate this mold, supposed to help get the soap out better. These bars are 8 oz each.

1007573da0.jpg

I got it from Shapemaster http://www.shape-master.com/cavity-trays.html

Its the 25 cavity tray, each cavity holds 8 oz.

25traysblkLG.jpg

Cost me about $28 which includes shipping. And it is very sturdy, can be used for CP and HP. Here's some HP I made with it, nice smooth bars:

1007575tp0.jpg

Oops, forgot to add that the pink is Love at First Glow by J Lo, and the purple is Goddess by Baby Phat.

Its the 25 cavity tray, each cavity holds 8 oz. quote]

8 oz bar of soap, that's a pretty hefty bar, neat lookin' mold though

I cut them in half so each bar is about 3.9 oz give or take an oz. With the whipped soap I am going to keep them whole because its whipped, they are not getting 8 oz of soap in the normal sense.

I may want that mold first LOL! OK I just might have to look into how to do this!

Itseasier than regular CP to me, except for the endless whipping and whipping to make sure each adn every bit is blended. You have so much time to color your heart out, and very rarely will you have a FO seize on you. It sat in the pot for about 45 minutes with the lye already poured in before I got it into the mold. :grin2:

THis is what I used:

Coconut Oil 15%

Castor 2%

Babassu 3%

Lard 35%

Palm 20%

Olive 20%

Tallow 5%

Nizzy's tutorial:

http://home.exetel.com.au/lozniz/Whipped/WhippedSoapGallery.htm

It says you have to use about 80% hard oils and 20% soft oils. It was going to be an all veggie recipe, but it was not whipping up at all. I whipped everything except the Castor and Olive together till it looked like whipped cream in the Kitchenaid. Then I slowly added the soft oils. Once it was all whipped again, I stopped the blender, and slowly added the lye. It will sink to the bottom at first, so take a long spoon or hand whisk and mixed it for awhile before putting it back under the Kitchenaid. Then start slowly so nothing splashes, and increase speed till its whipping up again. I whipped it on and off for about 20 minutes to make sure all the lye was mixed in. The mix was still pretty cold, the lye takes forever to react in this stuff. Poured in just 1 oz of coconut milk FO, and the entire house smelled delicious. Its still pretty strong too. Mixed some more, then went and did laundry, left it sitting in the bowl. 45 minutes later and it still looked fine. I then mixed again and poured it in the mold.

Can't wait to see them outta the mold. This soap is TOUGH to cut when in a log form!! I made a few batches and they looked HORRIBLE- Brenda the "Whipped Soap Queen" even tried to help me- but there was no cutting this soap for sale :undecided . I did make neat snowmen out of it free hand and did do some in individual molds.

That mold looks so cool- and definately the way to go :thumbsup:

I owe the mold idea to the owner of zen soaps. Reading her tutorial for hot process soap a long time ago, she recommended the mold. I love it! The price for them drops to about $8 if you order 100 at a time (one day,lol.) But it is so efficient.

I am going to leave these in a few more days and let them shrink a bit, the 2 that I got out lost their edges, I did not put enough mineral oil down in the mold in the corners. Next time I will slatter it in there like I am slattering a Cabana Boy:drool:

Man, those are awesome. I wish I could do something other than m&p but I am just too afraid. I have 4 kids and I can totally be a klutz. I have my 7 yr old daughter in my workshop and she helps me with a few things, I wouldn't take a chance of her being in the workshop with me and something bad happening. One day though......I'm going to make soap like that one day :drool: