Swirls In Soaps

RXCMAS

• 1 year later...

The hanger method works wonderfully if your soap is not too thick, otherwise you will not get a great pattern. The hanger thing is more of a visual process, written instructions are not always the easiest to follow. I will do a tutorial in a few weeks on the coat hanger method (this wonderful method was taught to me and others by the original creator of the coat hanger method Olivia at The Whisk so I can't take credit for it, but would love to pass on the knowledge:cool2:)

The hanger method works wonderfully if your soap is not too thick, otherwise you will not get a great pattern. The hanger thing is more of a visual process, written instructions are not always the easiest to follow. I will do a tutorial in a few weeks on the coat hanger method (this wonderful method was taught to me and others by the original creator of the coat hanger method Olivia at The Whisk so I can't take credit for it, but would love to pass on the knowledge:cool2:)

Please get Olivia's permission for it first.

True ladies:smiley2: I asked Olivia about it. Since we already have a written tutorial on here thought a visual tutorial would shed more light on it. But to really be able to see the process and get an understanding of it, it is best to go on over to the Whisk and register for an account and dive right in. Like someone mentioned earlier, please do not just take and not give anything back (on any forum for that matter.) Going over there just to see the methods and not contributing by posting and participating is not right. But if you join to actively participate there is so much to learn and so much fun to have! I don't know how I thought I could do 3 tutorials in the next month anyway (cream soap tutorial coming soon.) I have 20 hour work/school days, lol.

For those not familiar with a coat hanger swirl - it is for those of us who use log molds and cannot see the swirl like those of you who have a slab mold. (like soapfreaks gorgeous slab swirls!) The possibilities are endless with what to use if you have a slab and can swirl the tops, but with a log it can be tricky.

Like someone else has said the coathanger only works if your trace is just right. I personally have been using a chopstick and sticking it in there at an angle and swirling it around.

I had my husband looking for wire to do it with and when he couldn't find any, he went out for a second and came to me with 4 in his hand. I love that man! I asked him where he got it and he said, "I've got connections". :laugh2: