Decided to try soap making...

littysmom

Hi, never tried to make soap, but from what I read about making your own; once you use it you'll never go back to the other stuff. My question is, if you don't have soap molds. , what around the house can you use for a substitue. I have used sources available on this site for calculations and have made my recipe. I can't wait to get started! Any helpful tips before getting started?? Thanks... happy Holidays

santa big

Hi, never tried to make soap, but from what I read about making your own; once you use it you'll never go back to the other stuff. My question is, if you don't have soap molds. , what around the house can you use for a substitue. I have used sources available on this site for calculations and have made my recipe. I can't wait to get started! Any helpful tips before getting started?? Thanks... happy Holidays

santa big

i depends on how much you are going to make, different size shoe boxes can work. line them with freezer paper, shinny side down.

I still love using cardboard milk or half & half cartons. You can cut off the top and use it as a vertical mold or lay them on their side and cut a long side off to make a log mold. Spread the word and you'll have people saving them for you faster than you can use them. Makes a nice size bar, just peel off the cardboard and slice. They are also oven safe (in my experience) at 170 degrees. (Though I do put them in another dish just in case.)

Just about anything. I saw soap made in plastic drawer organizers, wooden ones too and I found myself not shopping any more for necessities, but what might look good as a mold (in other words I thought I would get my cat a new water bowl, but I sorta have held onto it to use for a soap mold. I'm a bad owner, me thinks.)

I still love using cardboard milk or half & half cartons. You can cut off the top and use it as a vertical mold or lay them on their side and cut a long side off to make a log mold. Spread the word and you'll have people saving them for you faster than you can use them. Makes a nice size bar, just peel off the cardboard and slice. They are also oven safe (in my experience) at 170 degrees. (Though I do put them in another dish just in case.)

Thats a good idea. I have one in the fridge which is just about empty.. Gonna put it to use!! thanks