Body Shop 'Cocoa Butter' Stick ~ How to make one?

SoapInTheCity

I have been asked to make a cocoa butter stick like the body shop for a newly pregnant friend.

Although I'm a little shocked by their ingredients in this thing! I definately don't want some of these ingredients in my stick!

Hydrogenated Vegetable Oil, Cyclomethicone, Cetearyl Alcohol, Stearic Acid, Theobroma Cacao (Cocoa) Butter, Copernica Cerifera (Carnauba) Wax, Sesamum Indicum (Sesame) Seed Oil, Fragrance, Tocopherol, Limonene.

I would really like to use cocoa butter, karite shea butter and perhaps some other good ingredients like jojoba, hemp perhaps something like that.

Any suggestions and what kind of percentages I should be looking at? I've never made something like this. Thanks for any help!

Hydrogenated Vegetable Oil - that's probably hydrogenated soy - they use a lot of soy. Any softish butter should work.

Cyclomethicone - gives it a nice glide

Cetearyl Alcohol - this isn't alcohol like you think, it's very conditioning to the skin.

Stearic Acid

Theobroma Cacao (Cocoa) Butter

Copernica Cerifera (Carnauba) Wax

Sesamum Indicum (Sesame) Seed Oil,

Fragrance,

Tocopherol - this is Vitamin E - stability of oils and good for the skin, Limonene - a constituent of essential oils that gives a lemon type scent. Pretty common for mass products to use the particular component on it's own instead of a full essential oil.

I was just really surprised that the first ingredient was vegetable oil. Sesame oil was a surprise to me too. Not that any of these ingredients were bad, I just was really surprised. I thought it would be mostly cocoa butter in a 'cocoa butter' stick.

Big companies and others do that...name and advertise a product using a popular/beneficial ingredient even though it's way down on the ingredient list percentage wise...grab the consumers attention..doesn't make the product bad, just a sales technique. Obviously a good one cause they sell a ton!

I have a recipe for a great body butter using shea and cocoa butter + some other oils. You could probably turn it into stick or bar form with a little added wax. Let me know if you want it and I'll send it to ya!