Spa Party - Need help

SweetAsPie

Hello Everyone,

Happy Holidays to everyone. I need a little help, Im giving a spa party for 12 little girls (between the ages of 11-13). I need something simple I can have them do as an activity. I was thinking either making some bath salts, lip balm or lotion... What do you think? Does anyone have a simple recipe? Thank You.

Thanks Kelly & Candlebean,

I found the glitter gel, it was under Darwin also can you buy cosmetic glitter from walmart or Michaels craft store? Kelly, what type of base would I use for the lip balm. Do I have to melt anything with that? Thanks again for your help

You could also have them make their own M&P soaps, scented bubble bath, body wash, bath jelly (which I think they'd get a kick out of).

Also, if its just for that night, you can have fun making food masks out of yogurt or other fun fruits! Heck, even chocolate! I'm sure not much of it would end up on their faces though. :D

Glitter from craft stores and walmart aren't cosmetic glitter - the best bet would be to buy them from a supplier. I get mine from MMS. Craft glitter actually contains tiny tiny pieces of glass in it, so you definately don't want to be rubbing that into your skin! :undecided

For the lip balm base I would recommend www.bittercreek.com. They carry a very easy to use lip balm base.

Otherwise you could always do the M&P soap thing since that seems to be what everyone else is suggesting. Just when I was that age I'd rather be putting balm on my lips than taking a bath or shower! But that age group has changed a lot since I've been in it!

Oh my... So many fun ideas... I want to do them all, but unfortunately I probably will not have enough time too... We are also doing facials, pedicures and manicures. So I wanted to get in at least two easy projects they could do. Question, can I just use a lotion or body wash base and just add color and fragrance or do I need to put a preservative in there??? Im clueless when it comes to mixing stuff together... I was going to have them make easy bath salts with epson salt, color and fragrance in put in pretty jars, is that good? I would love to do the m&p soap but we'll be in a hotel room, so all they have is a microwave.... Soap Diva are there any recipes for scented bubble bath, body wash, and bath jelly? One more question, I was reading this book and it has a recipe for liquid shampoo & shower gel base it has 3/4 cup of distilled water, 1/4 cup shampoo concentrate, 1/2 teaspoon table salt. then you add 2tbls. of aloe vera gel, fragrance & color. have you heard of such a recipe, with distilled water & salt??? Sorry for all the questions, :o Im learning... I'll be just as good as you guys shortly...:D Thank you everyone for all your help, believe I appreciate it! Without you guys Ill be completely lost.;)

BCN not only has great lip balm base- they have great lotion, body wash, bubble bath, etc bases. You add FO, cosmetic safe dyes, and bottle! They have cosmetic glitter too- I added it to lotion base to make made glitter lotion for my nieces and they loved it.

http://www.candlesupply.com/bath.html

http://www.candlesupply.com/how2bath.html