36 bar Misty Creek mold for sale on eBay

OutlandishLady

LOL I'm more of a ho than Malinda? How is this possible? I have like 9 molds for CP ... Oh wait, this isn't a thing to brag about. It's a thing to get help for!! I would have no room for the 32 bar, but boy it's tempting just the same.

Oh go ahead. lmao

:tiptoe:

I placed a bit on the book auction she has going. I got a pm asking about my cutting blade that I bought, so if anyone else's needs one this is where I got it from. I think I bought their last 26" though, but they have an 18":

http://www.amazon.com/Wal-board-Handle-Steel-Taping-Knife/dp/B0002ILYH8/ref=pd_bxgy_hi_img_b/103-7868334-2042220

Edited to add that they have these at the hardware store but the longest I have been able to find it a 12".

They sell those BIG dryer knives at Home Depot for 8.99- Kim and I both got them last summer. I don't even know where mine is. LOL!!! This seller is making some bucks on Amazon.

I can't find one 24". Mine is 14" and my mold is 22." The Harbor Freight one is 20" so that won't work either. That 24" knife is 23.99 everywhere.

My 16 bar mold, made by Misty Creek holds 80 oz, but I find I get a nice 1 1/4" high bar with 64 oz (4 lb), so for the 32 bar, I would say that 128 oz would get you 32 bars, about 1 1/4" high. I had bought the 32 bar initially, and returned it and got 2 of the 16 bar molds, which I like better.

Just noticed this is a 36 bar, not 32......I would still guess that would be close, but you might have to measure it and figure the amount that would fit. I think she indicated she had the instructions, so maybe it tells what works best.

Directions? You don't need no stinkin' directions!!!

FIRST - THERE IS NO 36 BAR MOLD ON THEIR WEB SITE - IT'S 32 THERE. Are you sure yours is 36?

If it's a 32, 7-8 lbs oils sounds about right - my bars are a bit thick.

I'm trying to think of what you need to know. Hmmm.

-Do line with freezer paper. Let it wrap over the top. When it's time to cut, slit the freezer paper in each spot with the cutter or with a knife first. Then cut down with the blade.

-Did it come with the lining template? I don't think the directions for that are online, so if you need help let me know and I'll try to walk you through it.

-It's ok to use it in the oven @170. I would personally say don't put the lid on if you do put it in the oven. Wood is more insulating than cardboard, so if you have been using cardboard boxes up till now, keep that in mind.

-If it came with dividers, wrap those in some freezer paper before using them too.

That's all I can think of now. I LUV MISTY CREEK.

oh, in case you don't have it, their web site is http://emistycreek.com

I can't find one 24". Mine is 14" and my mold is 22." The Harbor Freight one is 20" so that won't work either. That 24" knife is 23.99 everywhere.

e, I had trouble finding a knife big enough, too. Home Depot website has a 24" one for $18.99 and that's what I ended up doing. They have free shipping over $49, so I just added on a couple more things; that at least saved a little.:rolleyes2