I did it! I finally did it!

daniedb

I actually made lotion!!!!!!!! :highfive:

I have to just brag on a fellow CT member. When I posted my lotion making woes a few weeks ago, you guys were so helpful about encouraging me and helping me. Well, right after that, I got a few PMs with great recipes to try, and one of them was from Purple Lilac. She gave me some really good tips, including details on every step! I mentioned that I was going to have to wait until I bought some e-wax to try the recipes, and lo and behold, guess what arrived on my doorstep via Priority Mail a few days later? A box containing, not just e-wax, but citric acid, jojoba oil and glycerin. Isn't that amazing?

So, I have to give her TONS of credit for my first successful batch of lotion! Whee! :yay:

I actually made lotion!!!!!!!! :highfive:

I have to just brag on a fellow CT member. When I posted my lotion making woes a few weeks ago, you guys were so helpful about encouraging me and helping me. Well, right after that, I got a few PMs with great recipes to try, and one of them was from Purple Lilac. She gave me some really good tips, including details on every step! I mentioned that I was going to have to wait until I bought some e-wax to try the recipes, and lo and behold, guess what arrived on my doorstep via Priority Mail a few days later? A box containing, not just e-wax, but citric acid, jojoba oil and glycerin. Isn't that amazing?

So, I have to give her TONS of credit for my first successful batch of lotion! Whee! :yay:

Now that's what I'm talking about! That's awesome! Purple Lilac is a classy lady!:grin2: :highfive:

I scented mine Lemon Verbena (my FAVE scent right now), and I used shea butter, mango butter, sweet almond oil, jojoba, triglycerides of coconut oil (the dry oil stuff from MMS), soy wax (in place of beeswax), and that's about it, I think. Pretty basic.

I doubled the recipe and made my mom a bottle scented Lilies of the Valley, and she is hilarious about it! She carries it everywhere. She said, "This is the most amazing lotion I've ever used!" She has appointed herself as my protector for life in case anything ever happened to me, just so she doesn't lose her lotion dealer, LOL! She just called me from her office (she's a therapist and was waiting on a client) and had forgotten her lotion at home and was seriously almost in tears because she was so sad. She's hilarious.

I scented mine Lemon Verbena (my FAVE scent right now), and I used shea butter, mango butter, sweet almond oil, jojoba, triglycerides of coconut oil (the dry oil stuff from MMS), soy wax (in place of beeswax), and that's about it, I think. Pretty basic.

I doubled the recipe and made my mom a bottle scented Lilies of the Valley, and she is hilarious about it! She carries it everywhere. She said, "This is the most amazing lotion I've ever used!" She has appointed herself as my protector for life in case anything ever happened to me, just so she doesn't lose her lotion dealer, LOL! She just called me from her office (she's a therapist and was waiting on a client) and had forgotten her lotion at home and was seriously almost in tears because she was so sad. She's hilarious.

My mom is my biggest fan too...she has taken it upon herself to advertise my lotions and my candles to EVERYONE she meets. She's the reason that I started selling anything I make, she had more confidence in me than I had in myself to start with, and well...I guess that's what mom's do best eh? I call her "Advermom" :yay: YAY for Moms!!

:yay: :yay: Whoooo Hoooo woman, I'm soooo proud of you, and that Purple Lilac is one super duper coooool woman!! It's posts like this that make my day!! People helping one another out, and successful endeavors-RIGHT ON!!!!

Yummm, both of those scents sound wonderful, and I'm just cracking up about your mom, you must have made one potent lotion there girl, are you sure you didn't put some kind of spell on it to make people addicted to it?? LOL ;)

I think I am just about as excited as you, daniedb on your successful venture of lotion making. How about making some up for the swap? :)

Thank you all for you kind words but I have to tell you that I can not take

the credit. Whendaniedb contacted me and said she was ready to make the lotion, I started praying for her and the Lord was faithful to answer my prayer.

• 2 months later...

Cryptic, even with oil and butters you will still need to use a preservative, these oils and butters are mixed in with alot of water when lotion in made.

Don't know how I missed this post in september, but Purple lilac is a great woman! She's helped me out in the same way in the past :)

I think I am just about as excited as you, daniedb on your successful venture of lotion making. How about making some up for the swap? :)

Thank you all for you kind words but I have to tell you that I can not take

the credit. Whendaniedb contacted me and said she was ready to make the lotion, I started praying for her and the Lord was faithful to answer my prayer.

Wow, how awesome that is to give the Lord his credit......:highfive: