=( waaaaa my saga continues

spatreats4u

with round labels...I am wasting my money & labels - they are just not matching up and I have had 3 people try to do it on my puter.

I am now considering having someone else make them for me or I should say print them =( I may have found someone on ebay but I am still looking. Anyone else have someone else make there labels? can you PM I have questions. I dont need alot so this is where it gets tricky, I see on-line companies that want you to order a ton. UGH I wish I didn't have to do round ones, but it is the only thing that fits my jars.:cry2:

Try printing on plain paper so as not to waste your labels. Hold the paper up against the light with the labels behind it, to see if they line up. Only print on the labels when you have found them to line up. Round labels are always tricky and what I ended up doing was to leave a margin for myself so that even if the aim wasn't completely accurately, all the text would still hit the label.

lol I WISH I could even get that close to do that. Its not just off a little - its not even close nor is it the proper size after creating them from my software- which is using the same template...if I print it from my software ( which uses avery templates) it says its printing but doesn't, just feeds it through. So if i save it and go to word and try to print it that way- again using avery templates it doesn't even come close to the size that it needs to be, nor is it round. PATHETIC I tell you...i am pathetic at this. Oh and to answer another question this isn't for candles.

I am trying 2.5 round labels and also 3.5 or 3 labels

Try printing on plain paper so as not to waste your labels. Hold the paper up against the light with the labels behind it, to see if they line up. Only print on the labels when you have found them to line up. Round labels are always tricky and what I ended up doing was to leave a margin for myself so that even if the aim wasn't completely accurately, all the text would still hit the label.

• 3 weeks later...

Try using Avery Design Pro. It's a free download at Avery.com

Sometimes it's also the printer that's the problem and not the program. It can be how the printer lines up either the page or the text on that page.

Round labels can be tricky anyhow, even with the Avery Design Pro program. I recommend not trying to have a line or colour fill in the circle exactly but rather aim for some movement of text as your printer prints down the page. Eventually you will find a balance.

If you are having problems getting you labels to print where you want them to print....the first thing to check is your printer software program. Most printers when printing labels to exact locations on label paper have to be calibrated first. Check your printer instruction book or software program on how to calibrate your printer. That will make sure it prints exactly where you want it to print.

I used to print a lot of round labels for cd's. Each time before I started printing I would run my calibration program to make sure the print was set and lined up properly to print on the round cd labels.

And yes, before you go printing and wasting a lot of costly sticky labels. Print on a plain sheet of paper, then hold the paper to a strong light and see if it lines up correctly on your sticky labels. Will save you a lot of money that way.

Bill

Jacksonville Fl