Bittercreek in Wisconsin

I just ordered from them as well for the first time. They seemed to be highly recommended. But I must say I am very dissapointed with the shipping time. I ordered early last week and my order isn't even scheduled to be delivered until Friday the 15th! I ordered a few items from other companies the same day also from the east coast (I'm in Oregon) and I already have those orders..

I want my stuff...:cry2: Sharon

It's 2 weeks (well 1 now) before Christmas and you want your stuff in 3 days or less. You obviously haven't been in the candlemaking business long or you would know that starting about October 1st, most supplier's lead times greatly increase. The more popular the supplier, the greater their lead time because they are swamped also. I guess next year you will learn to order your anticipated holiday supplies in September or October. I'm not saying this in Bitter Creek's or any other supplier's defense........it's just a fact this time of the year for ALL suppliers I deal with. :cool2:

As I've said in another post, I'm not asking about selling candles. I only want to make some small gifts. Probably wickless at that.

I have another business designing websites and I'm really not looking to sell candles right now.

Your right I am new to candle making and I have mentioned that several times in other posts. All I was saying was that comapred to the other places I ordered from BC was very slow in shipping.. I was in no way bashing BC, I'm sure I will order from them again.

What I don't understand is why so many people have to make a rude comment to someone's post? I see it all the time.. Did I really offend you that much, that you had to make sure I looked like a dumb ass for not knowing I should have ordered in Octocber?

I'm afraid to to ask for help or respond to a post for fear I'm going to get my friggin head bit off.. What gives?? :undecided

Sharon

Hey, wait a minute! I haven't even posted to this thread, and I'm the one so many newbies think is rude.

What's with you people that you can't see the difference between rudeness and honesty? Are you so in need of having your hands held and your feathers constantly fluffed that you can't take the truth? Does every bit of advice have to be tempered with stroking to be considered acceptable? Some people here don't have time to baby people every step of the way. When oldtimers tell you something and you think it's rude, you should pay attention instead of whine.

And by the way, only you can make yourself look like a dumbass.

OK, ChrisR, back to you now.....

I noticed that this paticular person is rude in most of there post.. I just blow it off. I noticed this on many forums that there is always a couple rude people.

Then why did you bring it up?

ChrisR is anything but rude. She is helpful and she knows what she's talking about. Same goes for me if you'll just read and pay attention.

That's being honest Sliver? Every one of your posts is like that, picking apart people and being rude. Advice is fine, but you should do it in a nicer way. People always come off differently when you write though esp online, a lot of times you can never tell a tone of a person when they post.

Thanks Sliver for having my back!! :wink2: I was not rude, just trying to explain ordering supplies this time of the year from VERY busy suppliers. If you want rude, I most definately can give it to you, but I prefer not to, you obviously don't want to learn, you want to whine. I am very, very seldom rude in my posts and I most certainly am not sure who docsharp is refering to about being rude in most of their posts, but it sure as hell isn't me!!

If you come and post on any subject, be prepared to get those that are gonna hold your hand and kiss your butt, or those that are gonna tell you the truth without pussy footing around. If you aren't grown up enough to handle answers you may not like, then don't post at all......your choice, no one is forcing you to stay, post, leave......whatever!! Some suppliers this time of the year have lead times of a week or better and that's just the way it is. They employ extra people for the holiday rushes and sometimes it's still not enough....get used to it if you intend to stay in the candle business. Order your supplies early or pull up your big girl pants and be patient like the rest of us without whining!! :cool2:

Then assume the best instead of the worst and move on. You only remember the posts you consider rude. You consider them rude because short and to the point doesn't suit you. I don't sugarcoat anything. Especially on a forum where to sugarcoat things could lead to disaster or death.

Edited to add this is directed to soycrazy and others, not you, Chris, lol.

OK, I'm the one that brought it up... I will say what I have to say and move on. I'm not trying to start something or cause an uproar, but I was offended by the comment that was made to me. It was my underatanding that on this particular post they were asking opinions on ordering form BC. I gave mine. It wasn't bad, I was just dissapointed with the shipping time..

I never said ChrisR wasn't helpful, I'm sure she is and I'm sure she is very knowledgeable! .

"Obviously your new to candlemaking or you would know you need to order by October" and "Maybe next year you'll learn" that doesn't sound rude to you? Rude is rude, I don't know how you can take it any other way! Assuming I am new to candle making then how would I know I needed to order by October??

I appreciate all the help, advise and tips you guys give. It is very nice that there is a lot of people that take time to help us!..But there is a lot of information to take in and it's overwhelming in the beggining. That doesn't mean we haven't been reading the posts and doing the research.

If you "oldtimers" are so annoyed and feel like we not listening or have a "stupid" question then why don't you just skip that post? You say you don't have time to baby us, but you have time to stop and make an "honest" comment! You were once a newbie as well and I'm sure had lots of stupid questions!

Sharon

Honey, when I was a newbie, the internet didn't exist, at least not in this format. I did the sensible thing. I tested everything I touched and learned as I progressed. Learning the hard way is sometimes the best way. Jumping on a forum and getting answers from people who might not even make the same product as you, and who often post just to raise their post count without giving the slightest bit of help is a foolish mistake and could cost you much more than the cost of a failed product.

Don't throw that "when you were a newbie" around. It won't fly. This forum wasn't even a gleam in Alan's eye when I was a newbie.

Well, like so many threads that run long, seems like this one has gone OT w/ individual agendas. It seems very unfair that Sharon was attacked for posting an opinion that she quite clearly indicated was from the standpoint of comparing BCN to other suppliers she had recently dealt with. Every supplier has their pros & cons & she never slammed them in any way. ChrisR's post had a condescending tone that 'read' as rude. And then for Sliver to jump in & make the thing whole seem about them was very ... weird. I'm FAR from the 'warm, fuzzy type' that says things I don't believe or can't back up, but I was raised well & don't attack people just to show how tough I can be. I hardly see how making a passing remark re: a supplier can equate to death/disaster/testing issues - that's quite a jump to try & justify an OT crappy attitude. Sorry to jump in where I don't belong, but it does get old reading unwarranted attacks like this. Seems a lot easier to pass over topics you're tired of reading instead of jumping in w/ a barbed tongue. If the general attitude is "do your own research & testing - don't bother those of us who know what we're doing", then why is this a board designed for candlemakers of all experience levels to share ideas? BTW - I too did all my own research & testing w/o the help of any boards & only come here to share ideas, read opinions & occasionally help a newbie. Guess I have the wrong attitude.

Susan.