Melts

moniek

Guess i'm cheap too Melody, because thats what i charge also, :rolleyes2 i just can't see anyone around here paying $1 for just one small tart, got to admit i never did pay that much for them my self before i started making them, i think it all depends where you are at.

Yankee Candle charges $1.20 and they are less than 1 oz. You just might be selling your tarts too cheap. You've got to figure out how much it actually costs to make your tart...wax, dye, fo, packaging and then multiply that cost times 3 (for retail price)...then round it off. Remember you want a decent enough profit to cover your labor as well. I have no problem selling my tarts for $1.00 each. I have more trouble selling pillars and containers...but my tarts sell quite well. I offer a tart burner, 6 tarts and 12 tealights for $20.00 and have had many people who love to purchase them for gifts for their friends.

That was a great ? As a consumer, I will only pay up to $1.50 for a single tart, but the clamshells are a whole other ballpark I've never seen tham at craft shows, malls etc around here so I don't know about them. You should ask around (friend, family, etc.) and see if they're familar with tarts. I've found that not a whole lot of people actually know about them for some strange reason:undecided . The fact that they're relatively cheap is their appeal IMO.