selling candle boxes

LatherandLight

Does anyone else sell candle boxes?

My dh makes them, wonderful looking boxes, he takes whatever image you give him- within reason of course, and cuts out the design.

He does a wonderful job and we have had many show interest but only a small percentage have bought them.

Any ideas how to get more business?

Does anyone else sell candle boxes?

My dh makes them, wonderful looking boxes, he takes whatever image you give him- within reason of course, and cuts out the design.

He does a wonderful job and we have had many show interest but only a small percentage have bought them.

Any ideas how to get more business?

Maybe the price is to much for most folks.

Your site does not say but, are these used like paper luminaries but yours are made of wood? You place a votive or tealight inside of them.

post-219-139458415129_thumb.jpg

post-219-139458415131_thumb.jpg

You might want to work on photography. I don't think the photos are very flattering for them. You've got clear, bright photos for the b&b, but these are dark, and some are blurry, there are no dimensions, and no statement saying they are made of wood.

(On a side note concerning your b&b--I noticed where things are supposed to be 9oz, you have 0.09 oz listed under the details.)

I don't understand the concept - do you put votive candles in them? They are rather long - you would need several votives, and with the cutouts you would need to use a votive holder. So if you use a votive holder, whats the point of the candle box?

I also think the price is high. I love candles and candle goodies but I wouldn't spend $25-35 for a votive holder, no matter how pretty it is.

I would suggest that you add text explaining what they are and how they are used. Play up the angle that they are handmade, what type of wood. Do you offer to paint or stain them?

HTH,

Alex

You put in a pillar candle mainly. There are some pillars that are rectangular shape that you can put in the longer candle boxes with a glass candle holder at the bottom to protect the wood.

A normal pillar would suffice for the taller or smaller boxes.

We are still working on making a small enough box for a votive.

I will see what i can do about the picture size.

If I've posted before sorry, its been a while since I've been on the message boards.:embarasse

We can stain or paint them for you if you wish for us to do that, I think we have a button for stained or unstained, need to recheck that one.

As for the sizing of oz on my B&B product, the software i use would make it look like it was 9lbs rather than 9oz if i put the 9 in 9.00 spot. don't know why it happens that way. still trying to fix that one.

I like the detailing of your boxes. I think it would also be a fire hazard to have wood, wax and a flame even if it is in glass. Maybe I don't understand the whole concept. You should show a candle burning inside the box to show your customer base what they are intended for and what the cut outs would look like when the candle is burning.. I don't know.

I'm not so sure about the wood and candles...doesn't the warning label say to burn on a heatproof surface away from flamable items?

You might want to check out your shipping costs also. Your site said I could get 2 butterfly boxes shipped for 52 cents!