start with tarts...

I have fallen in love with scented tarts, thanks to a fab secret buddy. I want to make my own, since I have lots of FOs from my B&B obsession (yes, I will make sure they are good for candles before I try them).

I've been reading my butt off here, but there seem to be just too many options.

Can someone suggest please:

what wax?

where can I get molds?

so I need anything else (beyond FO, of course)

is there some secret to it? it cannot possibly be as simple as it sounds...

Tarts are super easy to make.

I use 50/50 blend from ky candle supplies. This is cause it's easier to get out of molds. lol expecially silicones.

molds I use are silicone molds by BCGrayson and Flexiablemolds.

also use those floater metal molds.

there's really no trick to it as in making it. melt wax, add color and f/o and stir and pour...

but I do add 2oz of F/O in 1lb of wax.

HTH

Dani

I would suggest a votive/pillar wax ... I use the silicone muffin molds from Walmart.

Just melt your wax, add color, add fo, pour into the mold. When the wax is set, pop them out of the mold, I put mine in cello bags (from Walmart too). Tie a homespun around that baby (yes, you guessed it, from Walmart) and you're good to go! :grin2:

candlebuddy, what size of muffins do the molds make, ounce wise? I bought a silicone mold out there before halloween that is hearts and I saw the muffin one and mini bundt one the other day and wondered if they were too big to use as tarts or if I could pop a wick in the muffin ones.

Stephanie

I only pour white candles for myself...I'm only interested in how they smell...I think I'm doing a January White Sale and only sell white candles and tarts...you know psychologically the deeper the color of the candle/tart the more fragrance we think there is? I'm guilty of that myself..if it's darker it must be better....I'm an idiot..

I'm using ecosoya pb, 1&1/2 oz f.o & no dye in some cute heart shaped moulds & some rubber ice cube trays for small tarts, hearts & shell shapes work well.

I'm putting them in organza bags this christmas so if people don't want to melt them they can use them to scent there drawers. They look real pretty like that too.

Sally.

I have fallen in love with scented tarts, thanks to a fab secret buddy. I want to make my own, since I have lots of FOs from my B&B obsession (yes, I will make sure they are good for candles before I try them).

I've been reading my butt off here, but there seem to be just too many options.

Can someone suggest please:

what wax?

where can I get molds?

so I need anything else (beyond FO, of course)

is there some secret to it? it cannot possibly be as simple as it sounds...

Bed Bath and beyond has the little metal tart molds. In fact they have several sizes. Would save on shipping.

Oh Lawd!

I always said the first sign of the world ending was Care Bear discovering wax!

Look GG, you cannot keep me captive over in B&B any longer - I long to roam. Besides, how much soap can a woman use??? My family won't touch it with a 10 foot pole, but they are willing ot give a tart a try...

Look GG, you cannot keep me captive over in B&B any longer - I long to roam. Besides, how much soap can a woman use??? My family won't touch it with a 10 foot pole, but they are willing ot give a tart a try...

LOL!

Girl, you're preaching to the choir here. I started out with candles, moved to tarts, then I started looking in the B&B gallery... Oh man, that did it for me! MP, CP, HP, B&B, and now I'm back to wax and starting to learn pillars. A sickness I tell you. A sickness.

As for the additives, if I told you, I'd have to kill you. :P Honestly though, It's nothing really, just a blend of a few waxes. I have the need to be different.