Best soy wax to start?

I've been making container candles using J223 for awhile now, but I've been getting requests for soy and want to start experimenting after the holidays. What's a good wax to start with? Ez and joy stand out to me, because I typically buy from BCN and NG, but I really don't know anything about soy! Any wax recommendations for me? Thank you!

I use NG's 100% soy... the Joy wax sounded promising, but I was won over by the flakes versus the slabs (SO much easier).. and the fact that I really wanted to make a 100% soy candle.

It's got a learning curve to it, but I've pretty much got this sucker tamed and doing what I want it to. ;)

Find a soy supplier near you and test that soy.

Everyone has their "favorite" soy, but IMO if you can get a supplier near you, you can cut out the shipping costs....santa big

I agree with you and your response. :thumbsup: But better be careful some folks on this board are offended by this answer and will come out of the woodwork and bash you for this response. They think an answer like this is of no help. How pathetic is that? They probably haven't bashed back yet because they are out saving the world. :highfive: :rolleyes:

I agree with you and your response. :thumbsup: But better be careful some folks on this board are offended by this answer and will come out of the woodwork and bash you for this response. They think an answer like this is of no help. How pathetic is that? They probably haven't bashed back yet because they are out saving the world. :highfive: :rolleyes:

Let them come and get me!!! LMAO...

I DON'T PAY SHIPPING FOR WAX AND I AM PROUD OF IT!!!:party:

ETS: For all those that may be offended... I like the 415, 464 and C-3!!!

Now they can go back to saving the world....:highfive:

I started out in soy a few months ago and I started with the EZ Soy from BCN (I live close so wanted 'cheap' shipping). It was very easy to work with but it can be frustrating at times with wetspots and frosting.

But a lot of people say not to worry about the wetspots but I can't help it. Hope you find something you like!

I love EZ Soy. It does frost quite a bit but I've always liked a good challenge. LOL! I initially chose EZ Soy because of the price, but I'm sticking with it now because I love the cold and hot throw I get from it. I have learned to work around the frosting issue.

Chris, I'm about an hour and a half west of the cities. Sort of in the Hutchinson area, if you're familiar with that town. Where do you get your wax? As far as I can tell, only Solas is around here. I love getting FO's from them, but I'm getting wax from BCN. At least it comes quickly.

Thanks for all the responses! Since I typically get wax from BCN, next time I order I'll add in some ez from there and start trying it out!

I don't pay shipping for my wax either, and I'm saving lots of money. I was paying shipping for it until I found a good supplier near me.

To newbie's I always suggest checking in your own backyard for your supplies, then, if you have to have it shipped, look for a supplier as close as possible.

Hi. I get a bit mixed up...but if you are you looking for suppliers in MN, I'm I believe Northstar is in Minnesota...but not sure where. They have a soy that is really nice. It holds only 6% FO, but the throw was good with most FOs and I am inclined to go with them after I use up all my other wax. They did say you can add USA and up the FO %, but then I had to up the wicking also and like the easier to melt waxes. Beth

Chris, I'm about an hour and a half west of the cities. Sort of in the Hutchinson area, if you're familiar with that town. Where do you get your wax? As far as I can tell, only Solas is around here. I love getting FO's from them, but I'm getting wax from BCN. At least it comes quickly.

Thanks for all the responses! Since I typically get wax from BCN, next time I order I'll add in some ez from there and start trying it out!

Hi Krista, I'm testing enchanted lites votive and container from Waxhouse in Coldspring, about 10.5 miles west of st cloud. Otherwise I'm still playing around with KYSOY125 from Kentucky. I like the container wax but found that the votive/pillar blend has a funky smell to it.

BTW, I've heard of Hutchinson but am not familiar with it at all. Nice to have you on the board! Maybe if we both find a wax we like from the same place we can order together and save on shipping!

Talk to you later

I use NG's 100% soy... the Joy wax sounded promising, but I was won over by the flakes versus the slabs (SO much easier).. and the fact that I really wanted to make a 100% soy candle.

It's got a learning curve to it, but I've pretty much got this sucker tamed and doing what I want it to. ;)

i agree thats what i use its actually 415 if you find a supplier near you