I'm mad at myself- Cool Water Cut pic page 3

dcroome2005

Is it possible the micas aren't CP safe?

but you're having way too many color issues going on (IMO).

I dont know but it's driving me nuts. Maybe I should just give up on coloring at all and go with the "natural" look . GRRRRR which I hate to do, but hey, it would save me money.. I don't know what I am doing wrong.

WELL DUH ME BACK TO REALITY.. I see exactly where I went wrong. I am not looking at instructions or reading carefully.

Under the blue I did it says- NOTE: This is a bleeding/migrating color. Please remember this when designing your soap. Also, Cellini Blue will morph to purple or mauve in cold process (CP) soap.

I guess tonight I will go through each one of mine and make note of what it will do. GRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR

Well I have some cellini blue (alot of it now lol) available. OK so this went red? Man I am needing a red. I know, not what you wanted to hear. Test the rest of your colors so I know what to expect lol! I did the cellini red I think it was ... it appears to have stuck, or faded to a peachish with the gold added, but will have to peek at it more when I get home tomorrow.

LOL Scented, ok I will test them just for you. LOL The colors I have problems with are red, purples and blues and green. Oh hell, I have problems with them all. LMFAO Actually I don't just seems I want to do all my soaps in those colors and those are the colors giving me problems. Oranges don't give me a problem, yellows don't either. Dang it, besides the recipe and the FO, I thought there was no testing involved?? LMFAO Wicks are starting to look better each and every batch I do.:undecided

LOL E

Now Brenda- That would be easy to do, but it's not a light pink. What guy is going to soap with a pink bar??? LMFAO Thank god this is just for testing. WHEW.. Thanks to Grumpy and a chat on the phone, she saved the day for me. She showed me a CHART! LMFAO!!!

Christina

Not for the micas- it's for the select shades.. Do they have one for micas?? I have no clue :-(.. The only thing I can now go buy is where I got the micas and what they say underneath them.

Here is the color chart for select shades..http://www.selectshades.com/chart/cpsoap.html

and the mica one is http://www.brambleberry.com/micas.html

I'm sorry the color is not what you intended :cry2: What a bummer! I want to play with some colors too, but I really think I'm going to try the Select Shades. I have used some Micas with reasonable results....I bought them a long time ago from "Stuff Julie Likes" and now she is closed, so I have nothing to go back to!

My DH would use your soap if it had a manly scent! All I have lately is girlie scents....:D