Shrink wrap techniques

fredron

I'm looking for some ideas to help shrink wrap votives and tarts so they won't look like a shriveled mess. I'm just getting started with the shrink wrap. We've been using plastic bags, and in carrying them, they rub together and don't look good after a few shows. So the shrink wrap is a logical choice, but there must be a secret to getting a professional job. I tried bags for multiple tarts, but the tubing works better one tart at a time.

Any ideas?

Fredron

I make a lot of tarts and have the shrinkwrap stores sealer.. not holding up like I'd like. No matter how low it is set, always burning the wires and tape up. Plus every couple of seals have to push the pin in the arm back through. I'm actually looking for one that will hold up better. Cheap is not always the best way to go. Their heat gun went out on one speed shortly after I got it and a few months later the whole thing quit. Went to Lowes and bought a Wagner heat gun, what a difference, plus a 2 yr warrenty. No more over shrank bands on my soap or holes on my tart packaging.

We purchased our sealer from Harbor Freight (we had to get it online, they did not carry them in the stores). We also bought our heat gun there. So far, no problems, but we have only used it for the last two months - did a great job with our gift baskets!