I Need Help, A.s.a.p.

I have 21 candles to make for a customer, (my 1st customer) and my candles all come out very bad.

I have the feather palm wax( 1st time using this wax) and candles come out very poor looking. I tried pouring at 165 and 135 and still don't get a nice candles, I'm using metal molds. Please help me, I need to finish this project and I don't know what to do.

Help!!!!

Dinah:undecided :cry2: :cry2: :cry2:

Well first I think you need to explain to your customer you are not ready to sell yet as you have not had time to test your products out.

Palm wax is not an easy wax to master. As for why they dont look good you are not pouring hot enough pillar palm should be poured hot about 190 to 200 degrees.

You need to do some research on the type of candles you are trying to make and do a lot of test before you sell anything.

I agree, I think I will cancel that order and explain to him what happened, he's by boss and he wanted to give my a sale.........I'm been making candles for 2 years now, and I think I do good work, but this is a new wax that I wanted to try, I know I should experiment with it first. Thank you so much for your quick response.

I'm going to try again................:smiley2:

I found straight palm wax is a royal pita! I used to use it but experimented over and over again. I ended up using a mix of palm, soy and paraffin that worked well and still gave me the "feathered appearance". Sorry, can't remember the exact proportions since I quit making that blend quite awhile ago. Just wanted to let you know that it takes a lot of time and patience to muster this task for a good appearance, throw and burn.

that wax was not available, I made 2 so far that looks good, I will send a pic, and you can tell me what you think.............. Still have lots to do.............I lost about 4 with wax leaking. I really put lots of putty plys large tape, and still it leaks....................hopefully I will finish on time..............

thank you SO much for all your help :)

I tried pouring at 165 and 135 and still don't get a nice candles

Mishka, do you have a picture? I don't know what you mean by "nice" or "look poor." Although many folks have trouble with palm wax, we have had good success with it... We have poured from 190° - 140°, depending on what we were doing and the effect we were seeking. Mostly we pour around 160°-170°... I get the feeling from posts that there is a LOT of difference between one palm wax and another... we've always used the same kind from JBN.

To plug holes in our aluminum molds, we use grey putty. No drips, but we don't pour at 200° either...:wink2:

I will get pics soon, I'm wondering if we can re heat the wax, I have about 12 candles that are not suitable to sell, and I would like to reheat them and start again at a higher temperature, will I need to add more scent??

thanks again for all the help, you guys are the best!!!

So far I have 2 good one, and they look great (feathery look) if I can keep the wax in the mold I may have 8 buy the time I go to bed tonight LOL:undecided

Personally opinion.....

You have not even tested these and you are going to sell them to someone?? Are you looking for trouble? I hope that nothing bad happens to your customer because you did not properly test your candle. Not all candles are the same, especially if you are using a different wax. I think that you should take the previous advice and cancel the order or at least see if your boss can wait until you get your normal wax in.

Okay, coming off of my soap box.

Dawn

Personally opinion.....

You have not even tested these and you are going to sell them to someone?? Are you looking for trouble? I hope that nothing bad happens to your customer because you did not properly test your candle. Not all candles are the same, especially if you are using a different wax. I think that you should take the previous advice and cancel the order or at least see if your boss can wait until you get your normal wax in.

Okay, coming off of my soap box.

Dawn

I second this..

I'm testing the ones that I will not sell, it burns very well, but scent is not what I wanted, therfore I added more scent to the ones I'm making now.

I have two weeks to test my candles, and have 3 person to test them, so far so good..............................

thanks for your input

2 weeks? Only testing for 2 weeks?

Not sure all my stuff in my house is worth me betting a product tested for 2 weeks.

I'm not jumping on you, heck, I don't even make candles, but 2 weeks? I wouldn't even DREAM of selling anything in my own realm that was tested for 2 weeks.

Ok, one more "2 weeks" and I have the line from the Terminator in my head. Anyone "recall" that movie?? :)