Wick problem with Tennessee Candle Supply..anybody else have this problem?

My wicks will not stay in the wick tab. I tried crimping with a pair of pliers but they still come out with the slightest tug. All I am trying to do is just trying to straighten out the wick a little to keep it centered. I have other CD wicks from another company and do not have this problem. I do not feel that I should have to crimp every one of my wicks (which still didn't work) every time I make a candle.

They are closed today so I left them a voicemail, which is good for them because it could have gotten pretty ugly considering how ticked off I am.

Anybody else with this problem?

Thanks,

Bob and DonnaMarie

I always take the crimpers to my tabbed wicks, no matter where I get them from. Most are tabbed by machine and aren't always the tightest IMHO. It takes only an extra second or two for me to guarantee my wicks are crimped the way I want them. Regular pliers will not do the job, you need regular crimpers.....they are pretty cheap and you can find them at just about any craft supply store or even Ebay. :cool2:

I have had that problem too, it's even worse after the candle is poured & you start to straighten the wick and it comes out of the container!:cry2: I use my needle nose pliers and crimp the wicks occasionally just to save myself aggravation. It has not happened with a whole batch of wicks though. Just a few now & then.

I had the same problem with the htp's coming out of the tabs and was also crimping mine. I had bought these from 2 different suppliers, don't remember who. Tried Candlescience htp and they are perfect. Only place I will get my wicks now. hth

I will give my needle nose pliers a shot. I still don't think that I should have to crimp or even go out and buy a special crimper.

There's nothing like tugging on the wick of a just poured candle only to have the wick come loose. Sort of gives me that not so fresh feeling real fast, quick and in a hurry..:grin2:

Needle nose pliers will likely cause the bottom plate of the tab to bend like a half moon. Granted, you should'nt have to crimp your on wicks, but from time to time a batch will be like that. It's not just a CD wick from TCS dilemma. It can happen periodically on most any type wick from most any supplier. *For me,* when I do get a pack that's not up to par (if it's just a hundred pack), it's just as easy to go ahead and crimp them as it is to wait on more. However, I generally do let the supplier know of the problem.

It's best to use something like this or either a jewelers crimper:

post-4010-139458414057_thumb.jpg