2 Day Shows - Update!!

andrealh1975

I've done quite a few over the years - as long as there is security, I see no problems with it. Definitely do take the cashbox, receipts, etc home with you, tho... In the 25+ years that my family has been doing shows, we've only had stuff stolen overnight from our booth once, and we've pretty sure that was an inside job anyway...

I just finished my first 2 days show and I'm happy. We were able to start setting up last night and things were cool when I got there this morning. Everything was still in it's place and accounted for. Sales were ok, did about $300 today, the fee was only $22.50 (I'm sharing a 10x10 w/ my friend who works at the place the show is being held so we got a discount). Tomorrow is when more people come, so sales should be very good. :D

My friend and I are up on a stage w/ 3 other vendors, one of which sells soap, bath salts and body butter. None of the products had labels, so no labels, no ingredients listed. They were letting everyone just dig into the body butter, so all those germs were flying around. It made me cringe every time I saw somebody walk away w/ a bag. I want to ask them so bad why they don't have ingredients listed, but I'm not sure I'm ready to hear the off the wall reason why!! I ask tomorrow and let ya'll know! :wink2:

Andrea,Same here about the germs.I brought this up about 6 weeks ago on the Board when I saw it across from me at a show.Just digging and scooping those slabs of raw shea butter and people were sampling and buying.I have read on it and interesting but if I ever do it there will be more sanitation from what I saw.In fact the shows I do are mostly outdoors and you should see the dirt and dust on my candle jars.

I will have samples but the rest will be packaged.Seems the stuff is healing and soothing.I heard a couple people said it helped them I guess for aches and pains.I am wanting to look for another lotion base.Not sure but maybe a soy base.Also starting hand sanitizer so maybe next year will try this.

Yes I didn't want to ask.IN fact I had lotion and hand soap and no one was interested but wanted candles.I could tell the person(vendor) was looking at me because I think I had a shocked looked.I know inside I felt Undecided on the whole thing.:undecided

LynnS

Just wanted to give you all an update on my 2 day show...I did about $650 for both days. Had great customers, a few who came yesterday came back today and got more from me. I'll definitely be doing the show again next year. The folks across from me who had soap, I asked why they didn't have the ingredients listed, etc. And I was told that they had too much soap and didn't have that kind of time to label anything. They said they used to, put it got too time consuming!! LOL Interesting!!!